Views: 7556|Replies: 34

should we be friends with people who are of the same level with us? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-3-29 18:15:34 |Display all floors
All of us contact several people in our everyday life.It happens to us to dedicate some more time to some of them.
I want to share my personal estimation with you.
Some friends of mine criticise me why I dedicate some of my time to people who are  either unknown to me or they are considered people of very low social status or very poor education etc.Some of my friends insist that we  should be friends only with people of the same level with us.
This perception finds me completely opposite.
I never underestimate people.Everybody  has  something to give me.They may be very poor ,really uneducated ,
people who have done nothing in their life.
I am touched by all of them.I have something in  common with all of them.Oh yes I always find similarities between me and them.
Always something in common to share.I receive from them wisdom so precious in my life.
Now I know very well.We need people who are truthful ,sincer ,honest ,oh yes they have offered me so much .I will be always thankful to people who dedicated some of their time to reveal some human feelings to me or teach me values n life which no books and no teacher has ever taught me.
Congratulations to those unimportant small people .I feel ashamed of myself calling them uimportant.
In reality they are the most precious part of people for my life.
Your opinion please.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 23:24:03 |Display all floors
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!! Big hug for xilaren!
The poorest dirtiest person on the street may have some experience or wisdom we can learn from if we are open to hearing it. And on the other hand, even a rich person, who I think I may have nothing in common with, may also have something valuable to teach me.

When I worked with the elderly in the US I realized that everyone is valuable. An old person who can hardly walk, has trouble hearing, doesn't understand how to work a computer, etc, can offer wonderful 'pearls of wisdom' as we call them. (an oyster is actually a bit ugly, but inside is a beautiful pearl, so "pearls of wisdom" refers to unexpected bits of wisdom.)

And here in china, I can't speak the language very well, so EVERYONE is valuable to me! Today I was looking for a place I couldn't find, so I asked many people in chinese, and just those small few exchanges were valuable to me. And the old crooked-toothed door guard downstairs who always shouts at me because he thinks I'll understand him better if he's louder taught me a new word tonight, "ti", to kick a ball or something.

And of course, xilaren,  I know you are referring to things greater than just learning a new word.
EVERYONE is valuable.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 23:30:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2007-3-29 18:15
should we be friends with people who are of the same level with us?

We should be "friendly" to everyone of whatever societal strata and then, friends with those of whatever societal strata that we find worthy of our friendship.

One must remember the old saying:

Be nice to the people you meet on your way up the ladder of success, because you may need those people's kindness on your way down!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 00:07:21 |Display all floors

re

Originally posted by canchin at 2007-3-29 23:30

We should be "friendly" to everyone of whatever societal strata and then, friends with those of whatever societal strata that we find worthy of our friendship.

One must remember th ...

I can not have many friends in Italy.Only the people in my job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 07:57:52 |Display all floors

"level" "level"

interesting word...I don't particularly like this kind of word or generalization..

but you can see why I great with Chairman!
°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 10:11:18 |Display all floors

Originally posted by xilaren at 2007-3-29 18:15
All of us contact several people in our everyday life.It happens to us to dedicate some more time to some of them.
I want to share my personal estimation with you.
Some friends of mine criticise  ...

What is the important people? And what is the unimportant people?

What is the measure about them? The earning ? The Money? The status?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 10:23:33 |Display all floors
i don't care
friends are friends, why should think so much
I am VIP
Very Important Pig
:D

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.