Views: 4019|Replies: 15

April Fool !! A dishonest Tradition [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-29 12:08:10 |Display all floors
April Fool !!

A dishonest Tradition

1st April - a day when people lie, play jokes and mock in the name of entertainment. This ugly practice of lying, which is considered to be merely a humor, is known to have caused great harm to many. Even trauma and deaths. Still this dishonest tradition is not only practiced among the common masses, but also newspapers and magazines participate in it by publishing false news and untrue stories on the first day of April!

Much is said about the origin of this practice. What do you think about this? Do you think is it useful and unharmful for us? Will you celebrate it???

According to me, its a dishonest tradition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 12:15:12 |Display all floors
I remember a staged punch-up on live tv on April 1st. There were arms and bits of paper flying everywhere, very amusingly ignored by the presenter !

Also there was a story on a science programme about how pasta grew on trees, which fooled a lot of people.

Newspapers will have silly stories like how a dog can speak about sausages - very funny.

I think the days when a radio programme could frighten 1000's of listeners into thinking the World is at War are long-gone. People are too sophisticated and media savvy to fall for that type of thing now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 14:06:23 |Display all floors
SO, uj1982, you never joke with your friends? You can't laugh if someone says, "there's a spider on your back!" and they playfully slap your back as they say "just kidding, april fool's!" Really, that's the level most people go to, especially for children. Many (maybe even most) adults don't even do a thing for april fool's, it passes like any other day.
But it's a day for FUN innocent humor, not "lying" and doing mean things. I've never heard of any april fool's related deaths, but if there were, then the people involved surely had problems to begin with if they'd do something cruel as a joke.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 08:13:43 |Display all floors

Yes time to get the water bombs out and boobie traps!! YAY!!!!!

Ah my ex's birthday...how could I have been so silly!!!!
°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 13:29:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fluffy at 2007-3-30 08:13
Yes time to get the water bombs out and boobie traps!!

Fluffy, I'm not sure if a euphemism for a brassiere classifies as an April Fool's joke. Sounds more like it is just a translation of the Latvian name for brassiere: overtheshoulder-boulderholder.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 15:55:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2007-3-30 13:29

Fluffy, I'm not sure if a euphemism for a brassiere classifies as an April Fool's joke. Sounds more like it is just a translation of the Latvian name for brassiere: overtheshoulder-boulderholde ...

***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 09:24:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-29 14:06
SO, uj1982, you never joke with your friends? You can't laugh if someone says, "there's a spider on your back!" and they playfully slap your back as they say "just kidding, april foo ...

When somebody says something very seriously to me and likes me to believe that he is saying true. And, if whether I behave according to situation or not, in the end just says me that he was just joking. Then I really dislike it.

A person who don't lie, don't want others too to lie to him.

But laughing or smiling on a joke or a movie is totally a different thing. They are just imaginary things. But I don't like those practical jokes in which we have to lie.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.