Author: ronglimeng

I don't like hotpot! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-30 23:16:44 |Display all floors
Calypot is too little for me, I may need two shares (don't be frightened)
But hotpot is not for one person to have alone for sure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 23:45:22 |Display all floors

maybe i do maybe i don't...

i am a worry freak 'bout cleanliness & sanitary, maybe i should get down & dirty this time but i am worry 'bout stomach virus when i am there.  help!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 00:09:08 |Display all floors
Yes you just have to be brave trying new things... I heard even more disgusting things happening in India. Have you ever watched how was an Indian Roti Proda (a popular Indian pie) made? You won't be able to swallow a small bite after seeing... yikes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 00:12:19 |Display all floors

I Think Hotpot is safe

PJ:

I think you can relax about hotpot germs and viruses. Everything is bubbling away right in front of you so you can be sure all the little critters are boiled away.

I did get sick after eating in a hotpot restaurant last October (first problem in 8 trips to China) because I didn't like the goose meat hotpot so I just ate fresh cucumber slices. That was a mistake. The cucumber must have been tainted. The goose meat hotput eaters had no trouble.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 01:16:20 |Display all floors

if i die i die...

i worry 'bout food & cleanliness but never thought of local hospital or infirmary there (how easy to locate one nearby?).   i am very familiar with indian cultures, cuz my ex-wife is guyanese.  i love eating fresh cucumber right off from the stand...maybe i should bring along some MRE from back home.  again, thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 17:37:17 |Display all floors
err...hotpot=cooking...? haha...that's new to me...I guess you probably don't like yunnan rice noodle too, cause you have to "cook" that, too

I wonder, too...about why hotpot is so popular, but the most important part I think it's atmosphere...you can't get such a hot and hilarious(sometimes a bit too noisy) atmosphere from any other chinese food/cuisine as hotpot.
Then I think it's the flavor...someone said hotpot taste the same...but nope, I think the point is the flavoring, which has a taste that couldn't make you full....the taste hardly helps to fill your stomach...so some people, the more they eat the more they want...

But if you don't like it, fine, stay far away from it...so what's the problem?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 17:49:19 |Display all floors

I want hot pot

but no one take me

Superkylin - did you see the naked man walking around Tianfu square?

You could have got a chance to try out your nut crackers if you had :)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.