Author: irishinuk

MOD: Iran seizes 15 Royal Navy personnel [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-26 12:30:32 |Display all floors

The " Hard-done by " kids.

Dear Chang,

It is an exercise in rationalisation by these cuckoos. They are just so " correct " when it is their boys ( and girl ) who are in the clink . Suddenly it is all somber and serious like the judge. This is just so and that is just that. The measured tone and reason is hard to fault. If only these same punks were to use the same objectivity when they  go round arresting people for all manners of ills, real or imagined. Thousands of prisoners in Iraq have been arrested for nothing more than being an Iraqi .Recall the Iraqi employee hotel who was tortured to death when he was a mistaken identity ? It would be nice if these rottweilers would apply one rule for one day equally !!

As I have indicated before, the GPS readings can be used and it is not prone to being " doctored ". I do like the  " intention " rule proposed as a supplement by mencius. " The British sailors were on a good samaritan mission " and so a little infringement is excusable !  Neat footwork but it won't work . The Iranians also say that their little atomic experiment is for peaceful purposes but the bullies do not accept that. Why is the Iranian's good intention ( peaceful energy production ) not good enough , even without proof to the contrary ?

This is that sort of cursed manipulation by the west , with so much spin and twist , it is allowing no one to assess anything anymore. Basically the Brits are saying :

" We don't do crimes, we are British " !?  Come again !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 20:20:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-26 12:30
Dear Chang,

It is an exercise in rationalisation by these cuckoos. They are just so " correct " when it is their boys ( and girl ) who are in the clink . Suddenly it is all somber and  ...

Notice that non-western countries have not objected to the fact that Britain might be implementing Trident. They are free to make whatever choice they want but deny others the right to do so.

Incredible!
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 20:50:37 |Display all floors

Reply #34 --- mengzhi's post...

If you recognize the legitimacy and support the United Nations, then you cannot be selective about which resolutions and operations you believe should be followed and which you can ignore.  

If such a policy was followed by all nations on Earth, then the UN would be as useful as the Leaque of Nations was.

I personally believe that the United Nations has morphed into an unnecessary organization, but you have, in a previous post, seemingly supported this organization.

Which is it?  Do you believe the UN is useful, and its resolutions/agreements should be honored, or do you believe it is useless, and should be disbanded?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 21:47:57 |Display all floors

What are you talking about ?

# 45 Reply to nosferatu.

I do support the UNO. What you seem to have forgotten here is that this Iraqi war has NO UN sanction authorising the invasion. Are you aware of what we are talking here ? It is a British contigent of sailors in Iraqi waters ( illegal first up ) wandering into Iran waters ( doubly illegal ) without so much as by your leave or an invitation. For someone who thumps his hairy knuckles on hairy chests about " national boundary protection "like you to come out and slither around trying to talk away this incursion, invasion and infringement into Iranian territory ( water ways ) is beyond belief.

What is the purpose of this post of yours ?What are you protesting or challenging ? How has China misbehaved here to cause this incident ? Nothing ? You don't say !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 21:51:03 |Display all floors
"It is a British contigent of sailors in Iraqi waters ( illegal first up ) wandering into Iran waters"

How do you know? We have had no independent confirmation of the HMS Cornwall's location at the time the Royal Navy personnel were seized. It's the word of the Admiralty against the Iranians. There's no way of knowing for sure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 22:27:10 |Display all floors

mengzhi ignoring important facts - again

Originally posted by mengzhi at 26-3-2007 04:30
As I have indicated before, the GPS readings can be used and it is not prone to being " doctored ".

So, meng, does the fact you ignored my last post mean you accept UN Law says the RN people should have been left alone? If that isn't the case, I'm sure we would hear from you why UN Law doesn't apply.

Let me guess - because you don't like the UK.

Originally posted by irishinuk at 26-3-2007 13:51
It's the word of the Admiralty against the Iranians.

You're forgetting the Iraqi foreign minister, who telephoned his counter-part in Tehran and demanded the people be released, saying he was sure they were in Iraqi waters.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2007-3-26 02:29 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 22:56:24 |Display all floors
You are groping in the dark aren't you . " Admiralty " may to you sound imposing and important, but to no one else.The Brits should not be in Iraq or Iran full stop. This is not the " Lawrence of Arabis " replay as a block buster movie . This is for real and they have got your boys. They are to be charged and all will be revealed ; unlike those poor blighters in Guantanamo Bay who have been cooling their heels for over 5 years. Watch this space.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.