Author: irishinuk

MOD: Iran seizes 15 Royal Navy personnel [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-11 05:56:43 |Display all floors

The Alter of Avarice.

#1. Jackboot is when invaders and occupiers stomp on foreign soil .

#2. It is your country's comeuppence. Dubya was the one who declared a ' crusade ' ie fight  ALL Muslims to the death.

Look at the unholy scramble among the 15 British sailors for the fast buck . A cool half million pound is on the card. Where oh where has principles and altruism gone, I ask you ? With that sort of " encouragement " even little old me can provide a passable story to the editor's liking and agenda, spiced liberally with ingredients of his choosing and with a little additional " oiling of the machine " may even garnish it with some little porkies as well. See how liberal capitalism works  !!  Well done Britain. The world can truely see the stiff upper lip of freedom , transparency and democracy now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 21:24:31 |Display all floors

Reference to #106 --- mengzhi's post...

mengzhi wrote:

"Jackboot is when invaders and occupiers stomp on foreign soil ."

===>  I hope that mengzhi is able to freely associate this term to any possible mainland China invasion/occcupation of Taiwan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 07:15:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nosferatu at 2007-4-11 23:24
mengzhi wrote:

"Jackboot is when invaders and occupiers stomp on foreign soil ."

===>  I hope that mengzhi is able to freely associate this term to any possible mainland China invasion/occcupation of Taiwan. ...

Don't forget Tibet, Mongolia and East Turkistan now !!!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 08:24:30 |Display all floors

Education education

emu, the ignoramus from the ar.se end of the world .  Mongolia is a fully independent sovereign nation with full UN membership. It was until recently incorporated in the USSR . What the bloody hell do they teach you in history class down there ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 09:37:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-4-12 10:24
emu, the ignoramus from the ar.se end of the world .  Mongolia is a fully independent sovereign nation with full UN membership.

INNER Mongolia ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 13:15:55 |Display all floors

I despair.

Emu the ignorant,

Are you talking about INNER MONGOLIA or Mongolia ? They are not the same, similar or slightly related. It is like Spencer station form Spencer Gulf , matey. OK I know " They all look allike " yeah ?

When you discover this thing called a map, tell me and I will continue your education : geography this time.

[ Last edited by mengzhi at 2007-4-12 01:17 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 13:42:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-4-12 15:15
Are you talking about INNER MONGOLIA or Mongolia ? They are not the same, similar or slightly related. It is like Spencer station form Spencer Gulf , matey. OK I know " They all look allike " yeah ?...

Actually I am talking about "greater" Mongolia. Yes we do know that there is an independent nation called Mongolia, and we know there is a region of China called "Mongolia", AKA "Inner Mongolia".
Now do the Mongolians from Inner Mongolia "look alike" the people in Mongolia proper?

Surely there's some ethnic, linguistic and historical link, correct me if I'm wrong, Mengzhi.
Maybe it's a bit like the Kurds' situation being split between, Turkey, Iraq and Iran?

Why are some Mongolians independent, and others are a simply a minority group in another land?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.