Author: irishinuk

MOD: Iran seizes 15 Royal Navy personnel [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-1 16:00:56 |Display all floors

I am the Queen!!

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-4-1 03:54 PM
gobobo is dancing the dance of the dead. It does not matter who is carrying what , my spin doctor. If the British sailors were in Iraqi waters I would imagine they would have shot the Iranians up q ...

The bottom line is gobobo : They have got your boys and girl and you have the sabre for the rattling

oh right, so now it's MY army i just didn't know it.

Delusions.

[ Last edited by gobobo at 2007-4-1 04:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-2 02:21:05 |Display all floors

Note the CIVILISED Treatment of the Detainees.

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-2 23:09:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jetsam at 2007-4-2 02:21
Under Iraqi law the Iranian diplomats have the right to be charged within 14 days or be released, whereas in the Anglow states many have been released only after years in Guantanamo without any charges and undergoing torture, murder, rape etc. and the youngest being 11 at the time of kidnapping. Even younger have been detained since and an estimated 15,000 more in Iraq plus the "black sites" around the world.

But these Anglo-Americans don't see anything wrong with that!

However, the detaining of these British trouble makers, who were obviously up to no good in Iranian waters, is termed a major international incident.

What I want to know is that: Are these suppose to be the British soldiers who were supposed to have left Basra as part of the British policy? Some people think that there were no reduction in British troops. They were simply sent to the Iranian border to stir up trouble. Why was there no pictures of the British troops arriving back at Britain? The British said that they were reducing troop numbers!
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 04:38:43 |Display all floors

Bully hates being slapped.

The truth of the matter is these British ( and their coalition) partners have been riding rough shots over the waters of the Gulf area like it is their own backyards, for years. It is that " war lord -Mafia " mentality. They are allowed to do what they like and even if you are hurt in your own place, it is done for your " own good ", you must understand.

This time, and for the first time, they have seen retaliation from the oppressed. Shock and awe, horror and indignation !!  How dare they stand up to their rights, I ask you ? These assertive savages indeed. What is the world coming to ? It is another pinnacle of insult for gobobo to suggest that the Iranians have provided map references which showed that the British were in Iraqi waters and claimed the opposite . Of course the natives are so stupid they don't know when they are embarassing themselvs : only the mighty whites are clecver, brave and fair.  And the world is FLAT still .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 05:53:14 |Display all floors
"This time, and for the first time, they have seen retaliation from the oppressed."

You are assuming that the Iranian Abadgaran government never oppresses anyone themselves. What do you make, then, of their support for Hezbollah over the Signiora government?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 07:22:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-4-3 04:38
The truth of the matter is these British ( and their coalition) partners have been riding rough shots over the waters of the Gulf area like it is their own backyards, for years. It is that " w ...

The Iranians should have blasted them to Kingdom Come when they transgressed. That would stop the buggers from doing it over and over again. One report suggest that this was the sixth time that they crossed into Iranian territory.

For these ignorant Anglo-Americans, think of the following:

Let's ask the top Iraqi military officer in charge of guarding the Shatt al-Iraq waterway where the Brits were actually apprehended. This man is working for the U.S.-backed regime and probably not inclined to make up stuff to embarrass the U.S. president, who gives him his paycheck. So his opinion should be relevant here. Let's ask Brigadier General Hakim Jassim.

The good general told Associated Press the day after the March 23 incident: "We were informed [about the British troops' arrests] by Iraqi fishermen, after they had returned from sea that there were British gunboats in an area that is out of Iraqi control. We don't know why they were there.'"

Gen. Jassim---again, working for the Anglo-American occupiers of his nation---does not sound outraged by the Iranian action. And notice how the Iraqi client-state apparatus, which for some time has been telling Washington, "Don't drag us into your anti-Iranian projects" is not calling the detained Britons "hostages." It has indeed (with much of the world) protested the illegal U.S. detention of Iranian diplomats in Irbil, in Iraqi Kurdistan.

(That particular instance of "inexcusable behavior" hasn't gotten much press in this country. Nor has the subdued Iranian response to the provocation.)

Gen. Jassim would agree that the Shatt al-Arab river where the Brits were seized has no clearly marked boundary and has been the focus of past quarrels between Iraq and Iran. (Commodore Peter Lockwood of the Royal Australian Navy, commanding the Coalition task force in the waterway last October, said as much: "No maritime border has been agreed upon by the countries.") Craig Murray, once head of the British Foreign Office's maritime section, writes that Prime Minister Blair "is being fatuous" in stating that he is "utterly certain" the British ship was seized within Iraqi territorial limits. Murray, best known as the former British Ambassador to Uzbekistan (who exposed British complicity in torture in that country) writes as follows:

"There is no agreed boundary in the Northern Gulf, either between Iran and Iraq or between Iraq and Kuwait. The Iran-Iraq border has been agreed inside the Shatt al-Arab waterway, because there it is also the land border. But that agreement does not extend beyond the low tide line of the coast.
"Even that very limited agreement is arguably no longer in force. Since it was reached in 1975, a war has been fought over it, and ten-year reviews--- necessary because waters and sandbanks in this region move about dramatically---have never been carried out."

Gen. Jassim might privately agree that this border issue in any case is the business of Iraqis and Iranians---rather than British and American imperialists popping up in the region at no one's invitation, on false pretexts, slaughtering people and expecting as they do so that the conquered locals will say "Thanks, boss!"

1. http://www.counterpunch.org/
Copy code

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 21:03:21 |Display all floors
Iran President Gives Medals to the Iranian Heroes That Captured English Seamen

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6525905.stm
Copy code

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-4-4 09:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.