Author: irishinuk

MOD: Iran seizes 15 Royal Navy personnel [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-29 22:41:52 |Display all floors

Reply #70 --- mengzhi's post...

A coerced confession is not proof.  The forced wearing of Muslim style clothing should be an obvious sign that she is a captive doing what it takes to avoid harm

When the British group is released, then we will hear their side of the story.  And we are still waiting for Iran to produce irrefutable evidence that the British were in their territorial waters.

Any 3rd party confirmations?  No.

Any satellite data?  No.

Even if the British were actually seized while in Iranian territory, the Iranians are not following the typical procedure for such a violations.  Instead, they are being held hostage in an attempt to evoke a desired response from the West.

Uncivilized nations like Iran should be isolated and punished for actions like this.  Even China and Russia both agree with penalizing Iran for its nuclear development program.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 06:33:38 |Display all floors

Pinocchio.

nosferatu is demonstrating to the world once again the double standard of behaviour of the west.  " Coercion " the town crier broadcasts with his bells peeling away. " Muslim style " clothing  the echo came back ! All good theatre and no substance.

There is no by-passing the scientific evidence which need to be presented , and for the perusal of third parties. This applies to both sides. For nos to jump back on some bandwagon of " Iranians cannot be trusted " is not quite enough. Let us not forget that even if the British are in " Iraqi waters " that is illegal as well. Remember this war started 5 years ago without UN sanction or approval. It remains immoral and illegal. Now try and untwist your own knots.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 19:45:24 |Display all floors

Reply #72 --- mengzhi's post...

You are trying to change the subject to saying the British are doing something illegal by being present in Iraqi territorial waters rather than providing proof the Iranians seized the British seaman in Iranian territory.

Just admit the Iranians are wrong if you cannot justify their actions.  The only possible motive you can have for defending an aggressor who has broken accepted international agreements/law is your hatred of the West.

Analogy:  I shoot and kill a person walking in front of my house, then claim I was just target shooting, and the pedestrian shouldn't have trespassed on my property.

You claim I am incorrectly focusing on the forced confession of the British female hostage, and making too much of the fact she was wearing a Muslim style scarf on her head.  If I forced you to wear a crucifix or Star of David around your neck and then filmed you saying you have been wrong in all your posts in this forum, do you believe all of the other forumites here would believe you actually changed your mind [to the light of reason and clear-thinking :) ] or that someone coerced you into lying?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 21:39:56 |Display all floors
Nossie matey,

You are veering off track rapidly here. That head scarf on the female sailor's head is common manners in Iran. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. She has said and written about the straying of her boat into Iranian waters. I believe she was the " driver " of the vehicle. So there is more to-ing and fro-ing for a while yet.

I am still waiting for the UN resolution under which you said the British work under , which is ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 06:14:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jetsam at 24/3/2007 03:22 AM

This could very well be another Gulf of Tonking incident which like so many of the Anglow claims SIMPLY DIDN'T HAPPEN.

It also sounds suspiciously like the Zionist lies before the invasion o ...

jeez your so full of sh*t  , why don't you take that cork out of your ass and let it come out the natural way instead of out your mouth, wait till the facts come out from both sides before going into one of your asinine tirades obout anglo this and zionist that , then debate the facts like educated people .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 07:27:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-3-31 08:14
...., then debate the facts like educated people .  ...

Jetsam, "Educated" ?
Now that's funny!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 18:19:03 |Display all floors
Is that a signal which implied England will be the same side with American on Iran problem as it did before?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.