Author: irishinuk

MOD: Iran seizes 15 Royal Navy personnel [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-28 22:13:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-28 23:21
I would not say that it is beyond the realms of possibilities that powers like the Brits can be stretching the " truth " as well. ...

The captain of the vessel searched by the Brits backs up their version of the location of the ship -inside Iraqi waters.
So it's also quite probable that the Iranians are lying or have made a mistake.
This is the same government which is claiming diplomatic immunity for a bunch of weapons smugglers caught inside Iraq.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 22:21:42 |Display all floors
this is the bold act of showing the power delibrately planned by the wise Iranian leaders.
the 15 must get trough being tortured before they will return safely

[ Last edited by havesomefun at 2007-3-28 10:22 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 01:14:04 |Display all floors

Does Iran have any evidence?

It appears that I am unable to past some info from a Yahoo News article, but I will try the link.

Says an Indian merchant ship has backed up British claims they were in Iraq waters.

Where is Iran's evidence and 3rd party verification?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070 ... eLrdsqrU1Zl6pTMWM0F

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 03:48:36 |Display all floors

Ignore the elephant in the lounge, why don't you ?

The Iranian state television has broadcast an interview with captured British female sailor Faye Turney and footage of the 14 servicemen seized with her . Leading seaman Turney ,26, said they had been seized in the Gulf because " obviously we transgressed in Iranian waters "  - something the UK disputes,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6503657.stm

I have been the only one who counselled calm while the hound-dogs are baying for blood, citing the most ridiculous " UN resolutions, confirmed arms smugglers, China's sins elsewhere " as evidence. No one has the ability , the guts or the spine to substantiate any of their silly side swipes yet . eg: which UN resolution ?
Why has 10 Downing Street not produced some scientific communication date , both from the sailors and their mother ship, and this Indian vessel searched, if avaiable, for expert inspection ? This has developed into the calssical over the back fence quabble with curses and high decibel spruiks when a simple " black box " evidence would solve the problem. Still awaiting the obvious. Meantime seaman Turney has confessed .

[ Last edited by mengzhi at 2007-3-29 03:50 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 05:02:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-28 11:48
The Iranian state television has broadcast an interview with captured British female sailor Faye Turney and footage of the 14 servicemen seized with her . Leading seaman Turney ,26, said they had been seized in the Gulf because " obviously we transgressed in Iranian waters "  - something the UK disputes,

According to CNN she used the words apparently and not obviously in her letter she wrote to her parents.

We were out in the boats when we were arrested by Iranian forces as we had apparently gone into Iranian waters.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/me ... h.letter/index.html

A few points that should be obvious to all:
  • I am sure she was coerced by the Iranians to make that statement under threat of rape, torture, death etc  if she did not say those words.
  • How could she possibly know her exact location if she was not the navigator?
  • The Iranians have already admitted her boat was captured in Iraqi territory after they submitted their coordinates for the location of the capture to the British.
  • They only sent NEW coordinates after the British pointed out that the coordinates they sent are within Iraqui sovereign territory.

At the very least, this proves that the Iranians are uncertain of he location of this boat when it was captured.  At most, this means the Iranians are lying and have changed their data to fit their lie.

[ Last edited by mark069 at 2007-3-28 01:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 07:17:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-29 05:48
I have been the only one who counselled calm while the hound-dogs are baying for blood, citing the most ridiculous " UN resolutions, confirmed arms smugglers, China's sins elsewhere " as evidence.

No Mengzhi, you tedious little weasel, you've been rubbing your hands with glee at the prospect of a few Brits getting a darn good hiding.

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-25 07:08
The Iranian authorities have indicated that they can prove that the British sailors were in Iranian waters.  If this is so, let the simple process of law and order takes its course. Armed personnels found in a sovereign territory without permission are called saboteurs or invading force. Their capture is both legal and responsible by the sovereign authorities. ..... They are the " illegal combatants " ..... They will be kept at a place not dissimilar to Guantanamo Bay Hilton " at the President's pleasure ".  This is theatre at its best.  ...

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-25 12:11
The fig leaf of legality exposed.
No they are not. The resolution UN 1723 does not permit the intrusion and invasion of foreign territories . You must stop lying to yourself and accepting your own creation of those fictions. It is an Irish thing too ?  ...

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-26 07:36
Read my lips fellas. " An infringement is an infringement is an infrigement ". It is cute and cuddly to say that I am just coming into your backyard because I kicked my ball over the fence. It is still an " trespass " in the eyes of the law ( or don't you have that where you live ? ). .....So pretty boys, they have got you by the very short and curly hey ?  The scientific data of the GPS can easily resolve this . .... They seem to have the trump cards ( and the men) while you lot are destined to tweedling those thumbs. Good luck mates.

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-26 14:30
As I have indicated before, the GPS readings can be used and it is not prone to being " doctored ". ...

Well as long as the evidence supports the Iranian view that is, otherwise........
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-28 23:21
would not say that it is beyond the realms of possibilities that powers like the Brits can be stretching the " truth " as well.  
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 20:25:23 |Display all floors
We see the standard chorus of baying and barking hounds of Baskerville. When one of yours is caught doing wrong, the standard excuses come pouring out. Mark, how the hell did you get these " threat of rape " etc ? OK it is the " usual " yeah ? Read your own posts and have a laugh fellas. It is sad and pathetic to see these weak and limp protestations. Show the detailed electronic data to some neutral and professional panel of experts and let the truth be known. This is perhaps the simplest of things to " prove ".

The bottom line here is : The Iranians have your kids and you are unable to do a thing about it ! Mad and bad.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.