Views: 5869|Replies: 28

Which one would you pick, a high paid tough job, or a low paid easy job? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-18 11:26:36 |Display all floors
A friend of mine who walked away from her very high paid consulting job with tears rolling down a few days ago, she told me that she has given everything to the firm, her time, her energy and her youth, and ended up being a miserable old maid, no boy friend and no family. Actually she is only in her early thirties.

You see, when you are with a global consulting firm, the firm will ship you, a young gun, single and no family burden, from one place to another on a project base on the firm's client site around the world. You will be having a floating life and living in the floating world. Exciting and extraordinary at the beginning, as time goes by, you will miss a normal life.

Let us get back to my questions,

Which one would you pick, a high paid  tough job, or a low paid easy job?

Why or why not?

[ Last edited by changzhou007 at 2007-3-20 10:19 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 15:23:59 |Display all floors
today I would pick the high pay tough job , today I am single and have no ties , and I excel in difficult environments and have never turned away from hard work , I would see it as a challenge and would give it my all , in a couple of months I will be married and from then on my priorities will change , I would pick the low pay easy job as it would offer me more time and less stress to spend with my family , my priority would be my family which means my work would come second , so many people trap themselves into a situation where for more money and prestige they lose time with their family , that time can not be given back , and no amount of money can buy it back , quality time spent with your family is worth more than any job , just my thoughts on the matter :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 16:55:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-3-18 15:23
today I would pick the high pay tough job , today I am single and have no ties , and I excel in difficult environments and have never turned away from hard work , I would see it as a challenge and  ...

your idea sounds astonishing to me at first, cuz there are so many guys holding just the opposite idea that when they are single,they don't need to make lots of money as long as they can make their own living, but when they get married, they need to work harder than before, for they have a family to support. it's their responsibility to make their wives and children live a more comfortable life....it's hard to stop, you know. once you start to work on a tough job and get the high pay, it's just hard for you to go back to doing little things.....
however, i think you are right that the quality time with family is the most important thing we should cheirsh. as a girl , i don't want my future husband to consume most of his time working on his big project or something, i just hope that the whole family can stay together having dinner everyday, watching tv and talking whatever happens in our daily life. that's rea happiness...

back to the topic: if i have a choice( cuz most probably we haven't), i will pick up a low pay easy job. don't miss my point. I am not afraid of challenge,but i'd prefer saving some time doing what i like rather than chase after dollars.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 17:51:42 |Display all floors
When the person is single is good to try any opportunity and to learn as much as possible in work and life. Your different experiences will be with you in the future, all efforts has it’s rewards in future,  but  also it’s good to balance our work with our personal life, our families, friends and love ones, precious time to share with them.
When I started my career costed me a lot, I gave all my time, my efforts in different companies where I used to work. I faced many problems but I never regret of them, because it allowed me to improve myself.
I would choose as many people I think a job where allow me to gain good money, but not always it’s easy to find it, the most important is to find a job where I can learn and help me to develop myself  but most important where I can feel comfortable.
Well, all this was my past experience, Now I am working for myself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 18:53:05 |Display all floors
Yes but I am not every guy :) I am now in a position where I can provide financial and emotional stability to my new family :) and because I am happy with my work we do not need to worry about my finacial status , all I have to do now is enjoy life with my family :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 09:27:53 |Display all floors
It makes sense to me that you would rather pick an easy job, and may stay at home after having a baby, and support your husband's career and stand by him. In return, he is the main bread-and-butter maker. This kind of mindset is very popular these days.

Originally posted by iamlost at 2007-3-18 16:55
your idea sounds astonishing to me at first, cuz there are so many guys holding just the opposite idea that when they are single,they don't need to make lots of money as long as they can make t ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 09:30:08 |Display all floors
Well-paid tough jobs definitely. That's how we get to learn fast and better shape our character.
xurfnet.blogspot.com

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.