Views: 3058|Replies: 7

Does eraser needs innovation?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-17 23:06:23 |Display all floors
Do you find that it's hard to use up an eraser. As to me,  all of my erasers all lost before it totally contribute itself. I don,t know whay exactly. Is it that an eraser is too durable and we are tired to see the same earaser day after day. But at least I have think in that way.
So do you think that eraser needs innovation and in which way??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 11:56:29 |Display all floors
I think the issue lies in holding the eraser. If the eraser is *only* eraser, then you have to hold it with your fingers somehow, and you will never get to use the last little bit. They have made pen-style erasers, where you click the top and more eraser will come out the tip, which seems to use a lot of the eraser, but still, there will be a bit that needs to be held in at the end, unusable. Plus there's the environmental impact of making and disposing of the pen (even if it's refillable it will go int he garbage someday). In that case it's doing more harm than good, we think "oh, we can use more of the eraser this way" but really instead of throwing away a small eraser bit we are throwing away a smaller eraser bit and a thick plastic pen-thing.

Oh!!! KNEADED ERASERS!!! Maybe these are the best, though I'm not sure what they're made of. We used them in art school. They're grey, and you mush them around, folding them over if they're dirty, molding part of it into a little point if you need to erase a tiny bit, and they work very well. And they're something for your hand to play with while you are thinking. (And they last a really long time!)

So, I don't know if it's possible to make an eraser better. I think the kneaded eraser is the best, and it gets my vote for being the highest innovated eraser on the market. (or at least the most practical and best quality and useful and economical and best for the environment if it's no worse than a regular old pink school eraser.

I can't believe I just spent so much time on this. Is this a psychological test? Did I fail for having ADD, coming here to talk about the future of erasers when I should be doing other things?
erasers2.jpg
ERASERS.JPG
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 11:58:33 |Display all floors
Oh, look at that electric eraser! I've never seen that! There's some eraser innovation for you! Looks scary....
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 15:08:54 |Display all floors
I have to go with freakyqi on this one too , I only use two eraser's a staedtler mars plastic for pencil and a kneadable eraser for my charcoal and crayon work , all the others are just variations on a theme , my eraser's are very important to my art they are as important as my pencil's and willow charcoal .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 11:14:53 |Display all floors

-

I have basically eliminated my need for an eraser.

Butt whin I done made a miztakeak therr is thee backspace kee.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 11:27:31 |Display all floors
i try my  best not to let my eraser show up when i do something normal work.u know ,if you form the habbit without eraser's help ,it can cause u make less mistake~that'all!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 23:04:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-18 11:56
I think the issue lies in holding the eraser. If the eraser is *only* eraser, then you have to hold it with your fingers somehow, and you will never get to use the last little bit. They have made p ...

WOW!!! Kneaded eraser!! wonderful!! Thanks for showing me that. And sorry to post this article before to study about eraser.

Maybe I have "fall in love with" kneadable ones. I wil try it as soon as possible.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.