Views: 5018|Replies: 4

A bronze sculpture of Chiang Kai-shek was cut into pieces [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-15 16:51:37 |Display all floors
A Taiwan bronze sculpture of Chiang Kai-shek, who had ruled Taiwan for more than 20 years, was cut to 30 pieces for convenience of carry on 13rd, March.

Formerly located in Gaoxiong cultural center, the sculpture was transported to another city in Taiwan that night. Though Gaoxiong government did not allow people to view the proccess of the cutting, many worshiped on bended knees in adoration of the former leader of Kuomintang outside the cultural center.

Some expressed their anger toward the local government, for it forbidden unveilling photos of the progress, and the cutting decision and behavior are cruel.
U608P1T1D12524325F1394DT20070315103750.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 00:28:04 |Display all floors

very sad indeed...

it's very disturbing to see the statue of sir, chiang kai shek to be removed like that...very emotional indeed!  i am not sure if i want to be there during that time.  great story.

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-25 00:17:30 |Display all floors

Dont be so Sad

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-13 14:11:29 |Display all floors
lao chiang is a good joe
hopefully to be a master of what I like, on knowledge

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 01:48:41 |Display all floors

Not worth it

Let's face it a statue that is not pulled down by an angry crowd or a tank is not worth pulling.

Anyway, I feel sad not for Chiang Kai Shek fans but for the Taiwan people.  What Taiwan need is not politcal stunts but some real actions to improve peoples' lives!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.