Views: 46184|Replies: 104

How China daily has enlightened me [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-15 11:52:50 |Display all floors
As an American i have learned from this forum the opinions of America from non-American perspectives . Some of it is just hateful but some is thoughtful and constructive criticism that makes me think in a new light about America . I must admit that America is not perfect and must learn to take into consideration the valid thoughts of the world community . China daily has given me a prospective of China and its people in a very positive way . Whenever i here my American friends say that China is the next big threat to America i do my best to inform them that China is a peaceful country and its economic success and advancement is for the benifit of its people who have every right to a better life.
China daily is definitely helping Chinas image to the western world by its very people that contribute to the forum . As an American i want to here the thoughts of the Chinese people themselves not just some government statements ,China daily provides this and i am very thankful
it does. it shows to the world its confident in the opinions of its own people and isn't afraid to show it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 14:00:12 |Display all floors

I agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 14:39:38 |Display all floors

Reply #1 frothow's post

You are very welcome!

Welcome to the world of Dragons!

Of Mandarins and Gentlemans.

Have a nice day!

Green Dragon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-15 16:23:12 |Display all floors

Chinadaily has been a delightfull surprise

As I am an Overseas Chinese Canadian exploring China, Chinadaily has given me a lot of insights of the culture, habits and the way of life.  There are some articles written here that are written by exceptional people and a delight to read.  Keep up to good work!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 18:11:35 |Display all floors

thanks for kind words

---  it shows to the world it's confident in the opinions of its own people and isn't afraid to show it.  ---

actually, in Chinese forums, one could read many more harsher criticism and opinionated suggestions about everything. those who deem Chinese are docile,  afraid to express themselves, are getting only one-sided of the story.

Sure, Chinese people are generally humble, and peaceful. But they have their principles, such as on Taiwan, where Chinese people dislike your Washington policy,  most.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 20:15:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2007-3-21 20:11
But they have their principles, such as on Taiwan, where Chinese people dislike your Washington policy,  most. ...

I believe the Taiwanese have their own principles too, and dislike your Beijing policy towards them!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-21 20:35:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-3-21 20:15
I believe the Taiwanese have their own principles too, and dislike your Beijing policy towards them!

I believe the aborigines don't have their own principles, because you already did massive brainwash by parting them from their parents.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.