Author: herifle

what's the image of china in the foreigners' eyes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-29 22:50:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2007-3-14 23:41
There is nothing wrong with your country.

I think China and Chinese people are generally wonderful.

I'm Australian and lived here for 3 years and I'm staying....for good.

Some people when  ...

i agree with u,and thank u very much

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 23:46:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 09:34:24 |Display all floors

the old by themselves will not have higher value if not contrasted with the arrival of the new; both are needed inasmuch yin and yang dictate the cycle of life.

the most important thing is to set and maintain a balance between old and new; would one rush to keep all of the old if it hinders material progress so that people can climb out of their poverty? or, would one rush to embrace all of the new at the expense of the old which lends a more enduring and less transient sense of meaning and proportion? sharpening the internal prism of wisdom in order to find and hold on to that balance between both would be a good contribution towards making life on this planet more meaningful, especially for the future thumb-culture, incessantly changing, hypermaterialistic generations whose time has come.  

yet we were all young once, and so must be aware of our own reactions to each epochal milieu even as we wish well for everyone in the future, inasmuch as we lament times gone and seasons lost.

the lands everywhere in the world have mother nature's milky sheen irredescently layered on concrete overlaid with dust

and forums such as this try to capture fleeting moments where change reflects the journey of day, shadows mingling with colours, senses with touch, pathos with umbrage, the drumbeats of tomorrow with the lilts of yesteryear.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 14:14:16 |Display all floors
I learn lots of things in this post , i do agree with "zglobal ", we can choose our lifestyle ourselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-30 17:07:08 |Display all floors

Reply #1 herifle's post

No need to feel sad about it.  In foreign public forum, some of the posters are hired guns-----they are hired by CIA or Britain MI5. Their job is to spread hatred/ bigotry against China and Chinese. And even Japan now is doing the same----to deny the Nanjing Massacre, for example, with the help of CIA hired guns. I personally Jiao Feng a few times with them on the Yahoo chat board.
This is what it is called Information War----spreading disinformation or misinformation about China. So keep English-speaking world from reading or hearing or watching positive news or truth about China. They call it the "Black Art"

Britain and the US have been doing this kind of “Black Art” for a long long time. They had used it in winning over Germany in World I and II ; and they had put it use to win the war with Japan. And they were using it in the Cold War against Soviet Union and China. At the end of the Cold War, China wanted to woo the US, (actually as much US splits Sino-Soviet as China wants to be friend with the US) and USSR gave it up.

But the “Black Art” System is there! The Dis-info-War Machine is still there; People are still there; budget are there; maybe even more! So who is their target? The weakest one----------China!  

If there is a sad thing, then it is China does not face it, even refuses to talk about it. China could not see the benefit out of it. It is sad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 11:29:45 |Display all floors
For a place with a supposed 5000 years of history China simply lacks that sense of history.

This is mostly because the viewer (in this case, your honorable self) lacks the 5000 years perspective.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 13:28:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zuraffo1981 at 2007-3-31 11:29

This is mostly because the viewer (in this case, your honorable self) lacks the 5000 years perspective.

Um, yes, of course!

I actually like the flash modern buildings in China.  What I dislike are the endless grey ugly 50s-era communist blocks.  As one friend said to me, prisons in the UK are prettier than some of them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.