Author: herifle

what's the image of china in the foreigners' eyes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-16 18:03:00 |Display all floors

building code in china?

I just bourght two apartments in shenzhen but seem everytime someone move in they will remodel they unit with some kind of toxic paint that will stink the whole building. I never smell anything like this before except when you go to automotive paint shop in the United State but they will paint it in the special room. I feel sick every day for 2 weeks now that kind of sad when i should be out enjoying my vacation. My next door like to cook something with the door open and it smell very bad. I feel like many people here don't respect other people right. I was planing to work here next year but may be not any more. I spend alot of money to buy this apartments (5 star hotel in  shenzhen) but seem the quality of the people did not come with it. I'm a healthy person never have any allegy but everyday after move into the apartment I have all kind of symtumb(running nose stuff like that). Imagine in the future when the chinese kid grow up what will happen to china!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-16 19:15:59 |Display all floors

when someone want your apartment bad what will they do??

I bourght high class apartment from 5 star hotel in shenzhen a year ago and I just move in. I know that someone bourght 4 of the units and let they worker live in it. They cook alot and smoke in the hallway you can smell food in the whole floor. I just wonder why did they do that. I smell paint from they other room that no one living in it. It making me very sick. I know my unit is cost three times more that his and the view is beutiful. Is it the culture or something else??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-16 21:05:35 |Display all floors
to: thetruthbut,

I am from Hong Kong and have been around China, mostly Guangdong, since Shenzhen was nothing but farm land. I agree that there are a lot of nice things about China, my wife is Chinese, but I would agree with Kelly888 about the narrow mindedness.
I have been to a a few English corners and schools in Shenzhen and Guangzhou and heard the "we" thing mentioned a number of times, so I would totally disagee with you about the individuality thing.
In Hong Kong we teach our students to have their own mind and to form opinions supported with solid reasons. When students are in P.5 and 6 they begin to debate about politics and social issues. Chinese are taught to think alike. There is no room for individuality or growth with their attitude.
That is the way it is.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-17 23:30:31 |Display all floors

Reply #1 herifle's post

My QQ 541910085
I study in SCU-------Keep in touch with me ,Ok??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 05:38:42 |Display all floors

Generalization is the problem

It's insane to generalize about such a topic.....but I will offer my limited views for you to consider. First and
foremost..........if America and China could find the magic to join forces.............the rest of our planet could
finally relax and the extremists regimes and religious fanatics would have to hide forever or follow a new
path. I am not naive to the almost 0 % chance of this ever happening...but what a good thing to hope for!!!
As an American who has been to China 5 times, is engaged to a wonderful Chinese lady, and wants to live
in China at least 6 months each year I do think much of this wonderful country and people.
Problems as i see them in no order.....Communism, poverty, horrible health care, pollution, no sewer
systems, Women are still 10% the value of any man, most Chinese seem to beleive almost everything they
see on tv and internet as real. They don't seem to be able to easily filter out the absurd and some things
they believe in are not based in logic.....mostly just ancient lore or superstitions.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CHINA.....1) Females love to be female.....they know how to be real ladies. 2) Food is
very cheap and very healthy. 3) Most Chinese seem to have very soft hearts and are very very kind people.
4) Homes generally are very cheap (obviously not in some major cities) 5) Every city i ever visited had so
many new things I had never seen before. I am facinated by so much in China. 6) For some reason my
stress goes from 99% in California to maybe 5% anywhere in China................life seems so easy in China
for me.
Anyway...just one persons thinking..............Americans think I'm crazy to love China so much...but i don't care...
I just follow my heart and what makes me happy and I am happiest living in China.
Bruce

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 05:45:53 |Display all floors

Reply #67 colorfulwolf's post

I got the same impression................at best he is illiterate! At worst ......well; you know my meaning :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 14:41:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-3-15 05:48
I think the opinion differs from place to place, but as a student of Chinese language/history/culture and as someone who lived in China (mostly Beijing) for 9 months, I say it's a very interesting  ...

I agree with you absolutely. you are philosopher and great thinker in my opinion.
Maybe China is more and more strong and a communist country, so some one is feared. In fact, as what you said, China is one new country and needs to resolve its so many problems.

I believe China will be a friend of all over the world rather than enemy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.