Author: changabula

Human Trafficking -- What Can We Do About It? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-20 03:17:54 |Display all floors
Probably needs a global effort.

Originally posted by mencius at 2007-6-19 21:29
Besides, people traffickers have to start the trafficking somewhere else. Maybe if the countries of origin dealt with trafficking better we wouldn't have the problem we do, rather than blaming the destination country.

It does not seem as if individual countries can fight this as its an international problem.

I have just seen an article of an international effort by police in different countries who have worked together to smash a paedophile ring:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6763817.stm

Something like this could work for human trafficking.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-20 11:03:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-21 10:03:37 |Display all floors
in fact,nothing we can do with it .
It's responsiblity of government.
Live better,because all of us will die forever!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-21 10:50:21 |Display all floors

Reply #28 changabula's post

True, Changabula, what you showed about India.

And so painfully true are your words "Government corruption is one of the driving factors behind the burgeoning trade in human beings. "

Since the case of enslavement in kiln factories have been opened after one of the mothers of kidnapped children got with her letter luckily to the Premier of the Country , thus by-passing all corrupt levels of corrupt and useless hordes of the officials ,we are observing the development with our breaths withhold.

NOW only the journalists feel they are free to report and show the epth of swamp. Now only we can see on the internet many videos made by hidden cameras of how deep, how long lasting and how brutal the reality is/was.

On one of the pages I read that the Central Government gave 10 days for the bosses of pol ice to save and retrieve all victims of this scandal. 10 days. After that we see next documnted cases where police is still afraid to intervene, to get interested. WHO is behind it? Who is so powerfull , that the owners of these slavery work camps do not show any fear and continue their crimes? How firm do these owners believe in their immunity based on their faith in the corrupt system!

Besides, I almost do not write into this forum, no much time left...
But what is characteristic - the only post openly putting it in the title, talking about most painfull drama going on in China nowadays, the hotest theme disscussed by all people around I find on...FOURTH page in Free Talk section.
Not pinned and recommended on the first page, not in  Changing China section.

That's also terrifying.

[ Last edited by doberman at 2007-6-21 10:52 AM ]
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-21 11:57:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-21 22:06:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by doberman at 2007-6-21 10:50
But what is characteristic - the only post openly putting it in the title, talking about most painfull drama going on in China nowadays, the hotest theme disscussed by all people around I find on...FOURTH page in Free Talk section.
Not pinned and recommended on the first page, not in  Changing China section.

doberman:

What is it?

Why don't you give us a summary of what its about.

BTW People can post in whatever section they like. Some people prefer the Free Talk section whilst others prefer the Changing Daily section.

Originally posted by wangyu7th at 2007-6-21 10:03
in fact,nothing we can do with it .
It's responsiblity of government.

wangyu7th:

We can always do something.
Talking about it here means that you are highlighting it.
Who knows where it may end up.

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-6-21 10:10 PM ]
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-21 23:01:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 20-6-2007 03:03
We all know that in most western countries sentences are inadequate. We also know that many in the community are up in arms about it, so it's hard to believe your not aware.

"Many in the community" are also up in arms about immigration - that doesn't mean they're right.

I never said it was perfect or right, but the simplistic views of some people that all criminals should just go to jail and stay there is wrong. What is needed is better attempts at rehabilitation and education.

Or, do you want me to go into individual cases where people have been let out and re-offended so we can argue about that.

Huh, so there's no re-offending in countries with harsher systems? What a joke. I've already said people re-offend everywhere.

That also absolute crap and you know it. It doesn't take 6 years to work out of someone is guilty or not.

Since when were you an expert on criminal prosecutions? How do you "know" if someone is guilty or not? You can be persuaded that's the case, but it's not always foolproof. If it was, there would never be miscarriages of justice. So you have to be extra careful.

As your playing the know all again

Oh stop belly-aching. Everyone is entitled to express an opinion. Don't try to censure people with stupid comments like that because you don't like what they have to say. It's not a question of me "knowing all", it's that I'm expressing an opinion where I show I know anything. That's one of the ridiculous games you play. As soon as anyone says anything you don't like, you make this pathetic statement that they claim to know "everything".

The only person who acts like he knows everything is you, which is obvious from the way you treat people when you disagree with them.

please let me know the facts about the Chinese system, such as what proportion of mistakes were made

There are no statistics on what proportion of mistakes are made, because people are still locked up! How can the system admit how many people are wrongfully imprisoned if it doesn't release them?

The fact China tightened up use of the death penalty is itself an example - it wouldn't have done so if there hadn't been the pressure resulting from those recent cases we all heard about.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2007-6-21 03:07 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.