Views: 5299|Replies: 33

Contribute strange ideas about life after death.... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-11 12:54:03 |Display all floors
(this is an offshoot of another conversation)

WHAT are some things you've heard happen AFTER DEATH? DOn't bother saying "nothing", I am NOT ASKING WHAT YOU BELIEVE... I want us to be amused by odd ideas. You don't have to believe it, just what you've heard, from religion, movies, children's ideas, books, your own weird thoughts from childhood, etc.

I'll start:

WHY WE DIE
(from me, age 3-5 or so)
When you are born, god gives you a certain number of footsteps to use. WHen they are all used up, it's time for you to die. I thought of this when I was very little, because my grandmother couldn't walk well, and she would always ask me to bring something to another room for her if I was going there anyway to "save footsteps". She was always using that phrase "save footsteps", and seeing as how she was old and walked as little as possible, I figured she must be running out of footsteps soon. Being that I was so young, I had plenty, so I could help her live longer by doing some things for her.

I didn't know HOW people died except for being shot in a western movie, so I figured when you ran out of footsteps you were taken to a flat dusty sepia-toned place, and you just stood there and got shot. I even wonderd if they counted the footsteps it took for you to walk to the spot where you had to stand, and if so, how did they calculate it?

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2007-3-11 01:04 PM ]
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 13:02:20 |Display all floors
WHERE YOU GO AFTER DEATH (me, age 10-12 or so)

I even drew a picture. There's a big brick wall around the Universe. When you die, your soul leaves your body and floats up through space and waits online at this big brick wall. When your turn comes, you go to the other side of the brick wall, where another soul at a desk with a list assigns a new life to you. You can hang out a bit and see your old family who also may have died, but soon you have to go float back through space to Earth again and be born in your new life. BTW, your new life could be a squirrel or ant or person or anything, not based on how good you were, just randomly.

I got the brick wall idea from hearing that the Universe has no limit, no boundary, no end. I couldn't imagine how that could be the case. In my mind, everything must have a boundary or edge. There must be a boundary, we just don't understand it. Only something beyond human brains knows about it. So that's what was at the edge of the Universe, the place where souls go to get their new life assigned.

Oh, I may have also gotten the brick wall idea a little bit from Pink Floyd singing, "All in all you're just another brick in the wall."

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2007-3-11 01:08 PM ]
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 15:08:21 |Display all floors

Wow, a question larger than life

Your question has opened the floodgate of my imagination, I had have seen heaven, hell, incarnation, seven lives, a big bang, a black hole, universe after universe, what else???:)

An elegant basic metaphor, a life as a day and death as night, in this poem has brought me back to earth.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

... .... .... .... .... .....

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-3-11 12:54
(this is an offshoot of another conversation)
WHAT are some things you've heard happen AFTER DEATH? DOn't bother saying "nothing", I am NOT ASKING WHAT YOU BELIEVE... I want us to be a ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 18:46:01 |Display all floors
Freaky I totally love this! I once had an idea of an art competition...to draw the world after death. I like the idea of "save footsteps"

When I was a kid I thought we will became ghosts and in somewhere, waiting for another life in the world...but I thought, when I got another life I should have forgotten me in 'this life' and I shall not have a soul of me in this life...so when I will not be 'me'(now), who shall I be(after life)? When I'm not me, who is "I" and where is "me"?
"I happen to be human-being this life and happen to be myself...what's next" That's what I alway thinking about...

I once had a dream about after death...it's like my soul get rid of flesh and flying, floating, having a glimpse of myself, from youth to old....it's weird, but I felt I was the soul.
And I painted the world after death...I painted a person standing in the middle of somewhere like a large grey plain with pale tree...feels like nowhere...that's how I visualize it...
haha...I guessed you got brick wall from Pink Floyd...an interesting idea and visualization of after death =D

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 10:24:49 |Display all floors
Some little guys died 5 months or two months before they were born.

What kind of reincarnation is that?

Some even died (discharged/ spontanous aborted) without anyone's notice.

Does it considered as a legitimate past life?

So what is life after that kind of death?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 23:45:07 |Display all floors
Life after death...could I travel through the vast space of the universe and live another life on some unknown planets?

Assuming that I have a "spirit" or "entity"...If I do...how come I have to guess or speculate it's existence? No one come back from the death...why is that so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 15:48:54 |Display all floors
I have died twice and on both occasions I have seen or heard nothing , but that's not what freakyqi is asking for , she does not need verification of a life after death she has her own ideas and beliefs , I have heard that when you die your life force leaves your body to become one with the universe in the form of energy , you become the building blocks of the universe , possibly to contribute to building a new planet of solar system , I have also heard that when you die you relive the last moments of your life on earth , over and over again , trapped consciousness born from the last chemical throws of our lives , or death is your ticket to the big show , that we are here now living means that we still have not got it right yet , the minute we are at one with ourselves dictates when we leave this life , this idea would explain why babys and children die as when they are born and have the ability of conscious thought they may realise what they did wrong in the previous life and in that moment of self awareness earn the right to pass on , no one knows how long it takes to be self aware but it is my guess that what ever comes next must be truly awsome :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.