Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 19:57:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 20:07:21 |Display all floors
当然去过,你呢?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 20:08:54 |Display all floors
Of course I have, and you? Actually, I was in Asia for a number of years, studying Chinese. Unfortunately, I am unable to watch CNN - no cable, so all we get is BBC and Channel 4.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 20:11:31 |Display all floors
"THE EXPLOITATION OF ARFICAN COUNTRIES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHINA TODAY"

You drew a comparison with Bangladesh - I'm drawing a comparison with South Africa.

The fact remains that if you believe that the South African National Party was wrong to deny blacks the vote but believe that mainland Chinese cannot be trusted with the same, you are indirectly arguing that Chinese are less capable than African natives of handling their own affairs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 20:16:08 |Display all floors
If you are somehow trying to argue that Nat rule in SA was exploitative but that CCP rule is not, I would argue that the two have a certain amount in common.

For example, the National Party often gave lucrative government contracts and allowed Afrikaner-owned banks to lend money to Afrikaner Broederbond-related family owned companies at the expense of English and black-owned businesses - just as Chinese state-owned banks will take depositor's cash and extend the longest lines of credit to even the most untrustworthy of state enterprises, simply because they are owned by the sons and daughters of powerful Party officials.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 20:18:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.