i strongly believe ' to live is to struggle'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 23:19:29 |Display all floors

Reply #43 heysong's post

someone once wrote that "people live quite lives of desperation"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 23:37:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by frothow at 2007-3-5 07:07
Your reply is elusive to the question pertaining to the big picture but thanks.

How is that elusive? I answered the question quite succinctly actually, I didn't answer some other question instead. As you can see by all the replies, there IS NO ABSOLUTE answer, it is different for everyone. No one can possibly know. I'm afraid you may be looking for something that doesn't exist. Not that 'meaning' doesn't exist, but it's up to each person if they will live a meaningful life or not. And if they want to live a meaningful life, what IS that meaning? Who decides? If you think God decides, then you cannot know because you cannot ask him. Maybe you will find out at the end of your life when you look back. If you don't think God decides, then who does? Well, seeing as how it's YOUR life, and YOU are the main person in control of it, then it is up to you to decide what that meaning will be.

So.
Maybe now that I have expanded my statement a bit you can better see what I meant.
Let us know when you find the answer you like best. See? How will you know if an answer is correct or not? How can you know? you will decide in your own brain which answer you will believe, therefore YOU are deciding about the meaning of your life.

Good luck finding it, but don't spend so much time looking with blinders on that you miss out on a lot of meaningful things along the way.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 10:00:20 |Display all floors

Reply #45 freakyqi's post

Your reply is confined to human reason and logic but still you cannot think outside the box . I'm hoping someone can get into my "brainwave"
if you will and give me a clue to an answer to my question . Yes  living your life to its fullest and seeing everyday as a treasure is the standard answer to my question but i want more . I suppose that my question is unanswerable but i'm hoping a deep thinker can give me some perspective .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 12:22:14 |Display all floors

Okay, meaning to life to an United States's citizen....

...Macdonald burgers, fries and coca cola.

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 12:22:59 |Display all floors

Meaning of Life to United States citizens...

....July 4th celebrations, ticker tape parades....

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 12:23:33 |Display all floors

Meaning of life to the United States citizen...

....scolding lazy Amerikan Regime presidents......

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.