Author: frothow

America must now use nuclear weapons [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-6 02:22:56 |Display all floors

I'm not part of this conversation but

mengzhi wrote, "deaths attributed to Mao has fluctuated from 30 to 100 million"

I often hear about this.
Is it true?
Was Chairman Mao responsible for so many dead Chinese people?
And if so, how?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 03:15:04 |Display all floors

Reply #57 wowzers's post

Welcome, and if you wish to answer your question without any one here's opinion, go to the link I have provided below. Death Tolls for the Man-made Megadeaths of the Twentieth Century has it broken down for you according to many reference sources. The report only covers deaths attributed to all causes and reflects the results of their respective policies governments and events in history. Enjoy !

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstatx.htm#China

[ Last edited by convair1948 at 2007-3-6 03:22 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 03:30:40 |Display all floors
America has lost respect world wide and makes our people look bad.  Our own government killed our own people by hiring muslims to crash into world trade centers then brain washed the whole population stating that the muslims are terrorists and we need justice by attacking Iraq. America just needed to create a plot which give a reason to attack Iraq so that American and other countries companies could invest into the Iraqi oil industry which then Iraq will join the OPEC.

Saddam Hussein signed his death certificate when he decided to nationalist Iraq's oil.

America has no business being in Iraq and promoting democracy, Iraqis know what works for them and we should just let nature take it's course.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 03:45:17 |Display all floors

Muddy thinking.

convair is grasping at straws here. Famines, earthquakes, tsunamis are natural disasters causing untold deaths and distructions. They are NOT the results of government policy. If you can attribute the famine toll to Mao, would you debit  Dubya with the toll by hurricane Katrina ? This is so muddied thinking even Bollywood would reject your script.

Do you have figures of the millions of unrecorded deaths in foreign lands as a direct result of the Yankee interventions ? To use Pinochet to kill his fellow Chileans should be credited to Uncle Sam. Marcos was a similar stooge, Saddam was, Papa Doc , Batista , the list goes on......... If you are truely an objective historian ( what is BBA  anyway ? ) you would be looking into these statistics in seeking the TRUTH !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 03:53:21 |Display all floors

convair #58

Enjoy?
How could anyone possibly "enjoy" reading about the deaths of so many people?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 03:54:26 |Display all floors

Reply #60 mengzhi's post

Shame on you mengzhi ! you will not even beleive statistics by nuteral observers. You have just made my case of your bias towards blaming america for the worlds faults. I will give you the same link I did to post #58.

Killed through U.S. foreign policy since WWII: 10,774,706 to 16,856,361 (1945-May 2003

Don't bother to reply till you can make a factual (not accuzational) statement. You are wandering in your attacks on logic and facts, creating your version as you go. OK : I'll play along WERE THE BAD GUYS -

I really thought we were going to have a discussion here, I guess I was wrong!

[ Last edited by convair1948 at 2007-3-6 04:20 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 03:57:16 |Display all floors

mengzhi

Earthquakes and tsunamis are indeed natural disasters.
Famines however have been linked to governmental policies have they not?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.