Author: daotan

Tips for talking on phone? Help? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-24 06:19:57 |Display all floors
Well... I manage to call her and we chatted from 11pm to 1:30am on Wednesday night. The next night, she called me around 11:15 and we talked until like 1:15am. We had fun talking to each other. It was fun talking to her and all, but I am running out of things to say. I don't know what to talk about next time she calls or want me to call. I told her I'd call her tonight as a joke and I think she took it seriously. I don't know what to talk about tonight if I do call and if I don't call... I might disappoint her. By the way, we are just regular friends I think. Any suggestion on what I should talk about tonight incase we have to talk?
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 15:13:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by daotan at 2007-2-24 06:19
Well... I manage to call her and we chatted from 11pm to 1:30am on Wednesday night. The next night, she called me around 11:15 and we talked until like 1:15am. We had fun talking to each other. It  ...

You may start with asking her anything special that she have met with during the day.
By the way, don't worry too much about that. You see, you hadn't known what to talk about when you first posted this thread, but you talked for so long each time. There is every chance that the same thing would happen again. Take it easy.
Life is a journey, not a destination.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 19:45:44 |Display all floors

well .you may ask your friend to call

well .you may ask your friend to call.so that she know what you want

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 02:14:44 |Display all floors

things to talk about

Here's some things to tell about yourself, or ask about her, either way:

what do you (did you) do for the holidays
did you play any instruments when you were younger, or do you now
tell about a movie you saw recently and ask if she likes that kind of movie (scary, funny, whatever it was)
have you ever lived anywhere else
ask about work or school that day
tell something about your family & ask something about hers
tell something you just ate - ask what she had for dinner or what foods she likes
what's the stupidest thing you did when you were a kid? Maybe tell/ask a funny story of something you did
have you ever been to any concerts / plays / shows of whatever kind interest you
tell her about a small problem and ask her advice
tell her about a friend's small problem and ask her advice

I mostly agree with the above, that it'll just flow naturally. Don't worry about what you'll say, I'm sure she'll have plenty to say, just build on whatever she says. Don't sound like a quiz show. I was on a date once where the guy shot questions at me like an interview, one after the other (what's your favorite book? movie? on & on...) it was uncomfortable, I couldn't think of those things on the spot, I just wanted to talk freely.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 09:35:20 |Display all floors
yup DT...dont worry about what y will say...

the human brain has the quick response at tht time...

but i think the conversation neednot be too long...y should reserve something which has her hv talking interest to yr match

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 11:23:29 |Display all floors
thanks guys. i guess you people are right, things does come naturally. however i just have a simple question... what do you do when tehre is that moment of complete silent due to nothign to talk about? like how do you get out of that situation?
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 12:01:14 |Display all floors
if i were y, i will consider it is time to end today's chat...and continue chatting tomorrow...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.