Views: 18471|Replies: 150

older laowai, younger chinese girl. Your advice? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-18 16:04:40 |Display all floors
Hi everyone,
my freind has this question about his relationship: is it OK?

He was asked out by a girl, and they had a great week or two dating, just going out having fun.

They didnt know each others ages, and now they find out he's early 40's and she's early 20's - they both thought they were much closer
in age difference.

Apparently she cooled off a lot, then she must've decided it was OK, because now after a week they are seeing each other again.
He says he has some concerns - what other people think, that she doesn't get hurt, and what happens when they get older,

but he says he's serious about her and if it works out he wouldn't mind marrying etc. He says when they're together the age difference
isn't even something he notices in any negative way. She has no problem being with him in public, my freind says he's a bit more
hesitant...

They seem to really like each other (I've seen some of the texts! - behaviour, etc) and he says they like each other a lot. Both these
people could easily get other (lovers), so why do they want to keep seeing each other!
He doesn't want to break it off for someone closer to his age, half his freinds are telling him he's crazy, the other half are saying good on him!

He can make it complicated and put out mixed messages: he asks me things like : whats wrong with it, She's too young, She's great
and I want to be with her, I'm too old.... etc.

Advice appreciated and will be read by him, and probably her,

Thanks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-18 16:10:33 |Display all floors
friends with benefits...

he shall just let her go..cos its not fair for her..i dont think people with that age gap shall even date....cos after 20 yrs..they will realise what a big mistake they have made before....she would still be in her prime...but he is alreayd old..i mean real old!!

for her??...i dont wanna sound lame..but if this matter happens in china...i think she is just after something he can give...sorry...i just cant change my way of thinkin...and sadly..chinese gals have bad reputation as i know...so are thai gails, filipinos.....
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-18 16:24:01 |Display all floors
ps

he is in lust with her young/fresh body...thats the truth.....

about her?..i think she is ----ed in her head...she should go out with guys around her age group....dont tell me she is not attracted to young guys.......
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-18 20:42:21 |Display all floors

my ex broke up with me just because of this damn thing. so what do you think?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-18 22:23:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amatteu at 18-2-2007 08:04 AM
older laowai, younger chinese girl. Your advice?

Hi everyone,
my freind has this question about his relationship: is it OK?

Laowai? Doesn't he have a nationality? She is Chinese, he is .....?

Yep, your friend should find someone his own age and the Chinese girl should do the same.

When your friend is 60+, she would be 40 and their needs and interests would be very different.

If your friend, who is 40, is unable to understand relationships for himself and has to ask you, then it is odd ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 01:35:19 |Display all floors
well... i dont want to be rude... but its kinda disturbing when you think about it... that is... if she is few years younger, she could qualify to be his daughter. i think the max age difference should be around 6-10.
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-23 08:35:07 |Display all floors
not in the movie , right ????

I agree with DT
the max age difference should be around 6-10.
Success only favors those who persist and don't give up.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.