Author: zglobal

China Beware [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-21 10:04:07 |Display all floors

In reply to Laotsu

1. It will be IMPOSSIBLE to enforce apartheid in China.

2. When people run out of intelligent stuff to say they resort to personal attack. And they start to guess your origin so they can easily Label you (one of the western propaganda tactic) and dismiss you. I shan't sunk so low.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 10:10:35 |Display all floors

to #43

Well, it appears everyone on this forum has the right to call everyone else names... I'd ask you if you've seen the "China, US & Americas" section and how it is almost entirely devoted to bashing the US, but since you're a moderator (and a very biased one), I think you're probably fully aware of the goings-on around here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 10:21:10 |Display all floors

gee,

didn't you notice that we have banned ultra-nationlist forumites, like Chinese-yang and our dear friend  "chairman" (once upon a time), right?  Moderators here are much more tolerant towards those who are criticizing China, tell you a truth of fact, than I have seen in some Western bbs.

in "China, US & Americas" section, we have highlighted threads like "USA, China should be allies", etc.  Since the whole world, and many in your own country and Capitol Hill, are criticizing your mideast, Iraq policy, why cannot this site?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 10:31:52 |Display all floors
True, I do appreciate that chinese_yang has at least temporarily disappeared (though if she's like flotsam/jetsam, she'll probably just reappear in a few weeks). But there are still a huge number of users on here who are allowed to post the most ridiculous, hateful, anti-US claims and get away with it, partially because some of the mods (like you) agree with them a lot of the time.

The point is, everyone here calls everyone else names, but I have to say you will find a lot more anti-West people on here than anti-China people. There are very few truly anti-China posters because someone who hates China would have no reason to come to this BBS. Mostly the so-called "anti-China" groups are Westerners posting legitimate concerns. Sometimes they go a bit overboard, but you don't really find the likes of alborea and setyap (a couple of new West-bashing forumites) posting against China. If they do appear, they're banned very quickly, and with good reason. So why are the alboreas and setyaps allowed to stay around?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 10:46:39 |Display all floors
Who is alborea and setyap?

sockmonkey, while I am not the moderator nor have I been around long, but as a general rule of thumb, those people who post dumb inflamatory comment are generally of no consequence. Since I do not see them clogging up the board, i think we can safely disregard them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 14:07:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 15:14:39 |Display all floors
"my compliments for your commenting of Chinese culture.  Ours has 5,000 year accumulation, respect of  the elderly and caring for the young,  saving for the future and the offspring, and hardship endurance, among the mostly implemented till today. Yet some aliens, of whatever motives, attack ours as "backward", "counterpart-productive to development" and "low-quality". Is this your western "freedom of speech"?"

Yes its true, there are good aspects like anything, but overall i think it is counter-productive to development.  - Hongbao, face, guanxi, foot-binding, lack of a sense of civic reponsibility, traditional chinese characters and dialects, feudalism, rote education, lawlessness and no human rights.

clan fighting and religious extremism are traditional culture of my forefathers but i feel no need to support them

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.