Author: zglobal

China Beware [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-24 11:19:54 |Display all floors
colorfulwolf:

How do you think an adult should explain the complexity of adult mentality to a kid in words that kid will understand?

It is not wrong to compare the chinese culture to an adult and the Anglo-Saxon culture to a kid. Chinese individuality is embedded in a sense of Chinese-ness. This is nothing as shallow as nationality. Many oversea chinese, even second and third generation, remained loyal to the concept of China. This cannot be explained by nationality. There are concepts, traditions, cultures, philosophy, way of life, that made a chinese chinese. I find it hard to explain to others the peculiar way the chinese mind works. You are not the first outsider whom I encountered which is genuinely puzzled by it nor will you be the last. But before you jump to conclusion about the chinese people, you might want to try seeing things through their paradigm.

One thing you might start with is that Chinese-ness is not nationality. It is not racial. it is not religious. it is not even lingual. It is a combination of those.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 12:10:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 14:18:02 |Display all floors
zuraffo/ amega/ whatever

dont trt to patronise me u prick. yet again, u have totally failed to follow a logical argument.

U r hyper nationalistic. well done. go put that on ur cv

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 04:09:39 |Display all floors

Clever Analysis

Hello Zglobal and Zuraffo1981,

Agreed with many you have said.  Your analysis is right to the point.  China is not perfect, but
definitely not what many of the western media have led their audience to believe.

Life is hard on this land, but people for generations have worked hard for a better life.  They deserve
applause for what they have achieved.

[ Last edited by thetruthbut at 2007-2-25 04:23 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 12:03:45 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 16:33:22 |Display all floors
thetruthbut,

Please also acknowledge counter-example provided by one such as colorfulwolf. I do believe he tried. Any attempt at intelligent discussion should be encouraged.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-27 12:26:44 |Display all floors

colorloops

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.