Views: 8691|Replies: 7

Stop Looking For Love (e-c)练习 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-15 15:00:13 |Display all floors
Stop Looking For Love
停止寻爱

I've been blessed to have two long-term relationships in my life (the second of which I am still in).  I found both of these relationships when I had given up and was focused on other things.  My experience is that the best way to find love is to stop looking for it.
  我很幸运地有过两段长期恋爱关系(第二次目前仍在继续). 我发现这两次都是在我放弃希望,并把注意力放在其它事物上发生的.我的经验是:最好的寻爱方法就是停止寻爱.

Well, that's not a very cheerful message for Valentine's Day, is it?  Actually, it's more hopeful than it sounds because I have never found desperation - be it in love or work - to yield positive results.  On the other hand, surrender has invariably worked for me.  The question is how to reach that state of surrender and how to view it in a positive way.
  不过,这也许对情人节来说不是什么好消息,是不是呢? 实际上,这比听上去更有希望,因为在想要产生积极结果的时候我从不会绝望--无论是在对爱情,还是工作.另一方面,投降次次都对我有利.问题是如何达到那种投降的状态,如何积极地来看待.

When I say that I surrendered to the fact that I might not find that special someone and stopped looking, it sounds very passive.  But I didn't take to my bed, switch on the soaps, and order in pizza.  Quite the contrary.  Instead, I decided to focus on the activities that were fulfilling to me rather than desperately going on date after date with people I knew in my heart were not right for me.
  当我说对:  我可能会找不到特别的那位---这样的"事实"投降,于是停止寻找,听上去很被动.但我不会在床上一倒,打开电视看电视剧, 然后点馅饼充饥. 完全相反地,我会决定把时间花在那些给我充实感觉的事情活动上, 不会一次次去和自己内心清楚不适合自己的人去约会.

Surrender is an active state.  When I surrender to not having romance in my life, I open myself up to other kinds of love.  When I was single, for example, I had closer friendships than I do now that so much of my attention is focused on my relationship.  While those friendships were different than romantic love, they were deeply fulfilling all the same.   
  投降是一种积极的心态.当对自己生命中所追求的浪漫投降,就给了其它方式的爱情张开了臂膀. 在我单身的时候,比方说把, 就有着比现在已不是单身更加密切的友情,因为现在我太多的注意力都集中在我婚姻关系上.这些友情虽和浪漫爱情不同,但同样能带来深切的满足感.

Likewise, I was able to devote more time to helping other people as a single person.  Now that I have both my own family and my in-laws to contend with, life is very full and finding the time necessary to make a difference with volunteer activities is more challenging.   
  同样,在我单身的时候, 能投入更多的时间来帮助别人. 目前我有了自己家庭和对方家庭要照顾,生活被塞的很满,要找必要时间参加志愿者活动就更加困难.

I had an extremely rich life as a single person.  When I accepted the idea that I might remain single, I was also quite happy.  My days were filled with work, friends, family, exercise, and spiritual activities.  Although I didn't know it at the time, this all probably made me more attractive as a potential mate because I was not operating out of fear; I am simply not at my best walking around thinking, "Oh my God, I'm alone.  I'm getting older.  I have to find someone."
  在我单身的时候,我日子过的很充裕. 所以当我接受我或许还将单身下去的事实,我同样也很高兴. 我的日子都被工作,朋友,家庭,锻炼身体,以及精神活动所占满. 虽然当时没意识到这点,但由于我的表现不是出于将一直担心单身,所以可能是这一切使我看上去更有魅力,成为一个潜在的求爱对象.其实我只不过是不总走来走去不停的想"哦,老天,我孤苦伶仃,不断变老,得要去找个伴"

Some single folks will probably sneer at this advice.  "Easy for him to say now that he's found love!"  But I can only share what worked for me.  When I relaxed and saw what I already had, it became much easier to find what I wanted.  In fact, I didn't have to find it - it found me.
  一些单身族们可能会嘲笑这个建议. "他找到了爱情,当然说起来轻巧" 的确,我只能分享对我有了效果的方法. 当我使自己放松,看到已拥有的,在去找我喜爱的,就要容易的多 .实际上,我不需去找爱----爱情自己会找上门来

[ Last edited by hly2008 at 2007-2-15 05:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-18 14:19:25 |Display all floors
i m a conservative person.
and i agree that true love cannot be found but it always come unexpectedly.
and I now learn to be patient to wait for the one who God has chosen for me.
"It is written in the star. ", isn't it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-18 14:33:23 |Display all floors
Yes, I agree~!:-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 10:55:42 |Display all floors
I agree with the last sentence: I didn't have to find the love, and the love found me. But after you are a father or a mother, you are'nt willing to be a single then. Child is my whole happy time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-22 05:30:15 |Display all floors
hhmm.. this is all very interesting...  I will think on this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 23:28:41 |Display all floors
It is written in the star

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 18:11:41 |Display all floors

try

I've been blessed to have two long-term relationships in my life (the second of which I am still in).  I found both of these relationships when I had given up and was focused on other things.  My experience is that the best way to find love is to stop looking for it.
  我很幸运地经历了两段为期不短的恋情(第二次仍在进行中). 我发现这两次都是在我放弃希望,并把注意力放在其它事物上发生的?我发现:最佳爱情之道就是停止寻觅爱情的脚步
I found both of these relationships when I had given up and was focused on other things这句好象有些不完整?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.