Views: 7709|Replies: 10

how foreigners spend Chinese spring festival? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-14 17:13:33 |Display all floors
wondering how foreigners, who won't go back to their countries, spend their spring festival in China~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-14 18:31:10 |Display all floors
Usually for me it starts when I order a case of beer and earplugs to be delivered.....

Use magic tools Report

bossel has been deleted
Post time 2007-2-15 05:57:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-15 11:27:41 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-15 20:02:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-17 19:50:55 |Display all floors

Pretend you are in Rome

wondering how foreigners, who won't be going back to their countries, spend their spring festival holiday here in China~

What was that age old saying? "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Festival

[ Last edited by danzaokid at 2007-2-17 08:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 22:36:12 |Display all floors
I spent it with a chinese friend. (if you're reading this am I allowed to say who you are?) We went out to eat, then just before midnight walked around outside to see whatever fireworks were in his neighborhood. It was fun.

The next night we bought some fireworks of our own and shot them off from my roof. They were the highest in the neighborhood! I burned my thumb on a sparkler that wouldn't light very well.

Monday I went to the temple fair at Ditan and bought a couple cool little things: an embroidered pig (serious looking wild boar actually) with snakes and bugs embroidered on him; a batik tapestry to hang on the wall (my walls could use some covering); and a 1000 piece puzzle of part of a famous chinese painting that I have to learn more about. My homework is to learn about it before I finish putting it together.

Tomorrow morning I'm going back to the temple fair to see some music.

That's how this foreigner in china spent her spring festival. I'm not working this week, I'll also spend it cleaning my new apartment and moving all my belongings.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.