Author: johnners

Chinese cuisine is excellent, but... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-9 01:46:11 |Display all floors
how are you, My posse:) That IS the point:) To make you think of food and wine all the time,  and sure with your beautiful wife:) Yeh, there will be lots of fun for you to enjoy with, and so what will happen to them too(with you...)  See you:)

Bon Voyage

Lovable

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 03:18:16 |Display all floors

tears from eyes cuz i'm leaving...

howdy!  yes, there will be so much fun & meeting new friends there as well, but the sadest thing is that i have to go home after all the shangrilas by myself from shanghai to JFK (i'm not sure i can even drag myself up to the plane without my love ones!) .  but hey i'm looking forward to have my fun!   cheer out for me!   peter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 23:43:07 |Display all floors

Yi Lu Ping An!

Peter,

Do enjoy this special time in your life. Farewell, my friend!

Lovable,

The list you found is interesting. However, these are wine-producing areas rather than
indivdual vineyards. They certainly wouldn't be the top 10 regions in terms of wine quality.

A list of the best wine regions in the world would be more like:

1. Bordeaux (France)
2. Burgundy (France)
3. The Rhone Valley (France)
4. Piedmont (Italy)
5. Rioja (Spain)
6. Champagne (France)
7. Napa Valley (US)
8. Tuscany (Italy)
9. Loire Valley (France)
10. Mosel-Saar-Ruwer (Germany)

There are many great wines that come from individual vineyards outside of these areas,
such as Hermitage (Australia), Meerlust (South Africa), Casa Lapastolle (Chile).
However, the regions listed above have many excellent wines, in unique styles, and have
been making these wines for a long time.

All of the above are beautiful places, although the Cape Region of South Africa is without
doubt the most stunning landscape on the face of the earth. Indeed, should I get married,
I intend to have my honeymoon in South Africa...
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-10 06:13:11 |Display all floors

The loss is from us

Howdy, my dear Peter.You know if there is any other person other than you feeling sadder about the leaving, it should be them. I cann't even imagine how sad I will feel about losing you as an internet posse:) Cheers for you! See you soon!

Lovable

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-10 07:23:46 |Display all floors

doncha worry for me...

howdy, johnners & loveable--you guys are super cool!  i think i will be more than alright, i am just thinking some silly thing that's all...and i have my lawyer on standing-by for me to secure my two love ones after my trip to china, but it all depends on me after i see what's going there.  and people, i am not going anywhere without internet...but for now, i have to run & shop for gifts.  have a drink on me, guys!   peter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-10 08:25:12 |Display all floors
Thank you for the list, Johnner,

Hope I will be visiting all these places some day. The names of these places have already made me intoxicating:)

It is interesting you talk about their uniqueness generated by their long historical roots.  Any way you could explain how much the history of individula wine plays a role in its value and taste? Are these places all private owned? Is there anyone who really lives in these kind of vineyards? Who are they?

Appreciate your answers and your list too:)

Cheers to you and Peter as well:)

See you guys soon!

Lovable

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-10 08:53:18 |Display all floors

aiyo aiyo...

howdy, lovable--1st time that i spelled your name correctly, right!...excuseeee me!  i tried to search for your BIO but it wasn't there (you forgot to put it there or what)...just kidding!  i see i see that you're so into wine these days & i know i am into beers & hard liquors (beer, you don't need no fancy stuff to drink it...just straight up & comes the next bottle..easy & done with) .  i have been to SONOMA, california few years back to visit one of the vineyards there (actually, took a special lady with me on this trip...obviously i didn't care much about how they were making wine at the orientation...otherwise, i might be an expert just like, johnners today...am i regreted...not in a million years) .  and guys i am still here...just can't get away yet.   bottomburp!    peter

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.