Author: johnners

Chinese cuisine is excellent, but... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-10 12:13:30 |Display all floors
Peter,

Call me anything you like! I am OK with it!:) It is not even my real name anyway! :)

Surer I like being straightforward like all others, but I am also a  slow-pacer,(being in a country like mine, it is hard if you won't become... ) Evidently I have some(actually lots of )weired thougts too, but what will happen if they generate misunderstanding and not given me any benifit? I am trying to stay more in balance,I guess. But will I end up not getting anything by trying to be too perfect??

Am I wrong again?:)

Lovable

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-10 20:00:30 |Display all floors

Les Vignerons

Lovable,

The areas I mentioned would all have thousands of vineyards, of varying prestige.

Many are still family-owned, whereas most of the illustrious ones have succumbed to corporate takeovers.

History is hugely important in vineyards; this influences the grapes used, the style of the wine, its marketing strategy etc. Some
European vineyards have been around since the Roman Empire 2,000years ago. It was the Romans who took wine grapes across
the Mediterranean Sea from their origins in the Middle East.

If you wanted to check out some important wine history, look at the home website for the exquisite French wine "Chateaux Margaux",
which is probably the most elegant red wine in the world. Googling "Dom Perignon" would also uncover the story of the pioneer
of French Champagne.

Most continental Europeans would drink wine most days, usually with food, but also for purposes of relaxation. What they drink would
be determined by their location (ie a wine bar or mere cafe), what they were eating (ie matching the food with wine) and their
budget. In the Uk and northern Europe wine would be drink more commonly for relaxation. Most pubs and bars in the UK have
wine lists and many people buy wines from the excellent selection available in supermarkets and high street wine merchants.

The UK is the best place in the world to buy wine. As the UK does not have a large wine industry of its own, it is more receptive to
wines from other places. When I walk in to a wine shop in France, the choice is usually limited to French wines, which is not a
bad thing in itself. But in a UK supermarket, I'm staring at the whole world of wine - Australia, South Africa, Europe, South
America, New Zealand etc.

One of my big challenges on the wine courses in Shanghai is to source a wide enough range of wines to meet the needs of
the course. Hopefully, one of the UK supermarkets will open a branch there soon!
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 03:42:29 |Display all floors
Peter,

Good suggestion! The fact is I will have whatever I want at the moment:) It is actually not so important as what is really good to me, it is what I believe what is best for me. Like now I am holding only a cup of water,bland... again, like you said it is all in your head...

Johnner,

Thank you so much for your fine courses on wine:) Do given me much pleasure! Like all your introduction there. Pls keep on posting and I will just start my wine courses in real sense, creating files etc:)...so we will have more to talk with:) See you soon:!

Lovable

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 04:07:41 |Display all floors

wine & women...which comes first

my brother wife's younger brother, david is holding wine tasting ev'ry lastday of the month for the past 2 yrs.  and david asked me few times in the past to join his event but i didn't find it so fun so i didn't  bother to say yes.  and now i have discovered his secret of success with women cuz most of his audiences are all females (sexy looking professional type of gals), maybe i should get some cheese & join the crowd & forget about my macho silly thing...wine makes a different in men!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 22:57:30 |Display all floors

Tired or what?

I am a little tired. Peter, are you tired too:)?

Your brother wife's younger brother,david DOES know how to nourish himself :)

Not interested in girl talks :). I mean really what is wrong with me?

Lovable

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-14 21:09:35 |Display all floors

women & wine won't mix...

yes for your case and my as well.  i don't want to meet wino-women neither at david's show or what if i couldn't come up with wine ev'rynight?  and wine slows down men's physical conditions if you know what i try to imply...it does after a few glass, put you out of  the mood.  and that's a horrible thing to happens to any men.  for me, keep it coming in love, keep it coming love!  lovable, don't worry as long as you have your 2sense intact with you, girl           likable, peter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-16 03:30:31 |Display all floors
Hi, my posse,(if you could still see this)

Did this thread give you happiness like you have never felt before? Cause I felt so:)

Enjoy every bit of it and I am happy this time I had become part of it...

Kidding:) Just want to keep it as long as I could:)

See you?

Lovable

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.