Author: momochong1

Is One Night Stand really popular in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-8 20:25:07 |Display all floors

give up your body,pick up your freedom

One night stand is getting more and more popular indeed,especially on campus.
I think the reason is those girl turn a blind eye on the binds and rules of society.
In their eyes,maybe their body is really "the mortal coil".
Usually they are cute and obedient guys in their senior school and family.
But once they are out of control,their instinction of seeking happiness and freedom control them.
Don`t consider this is a betray of morals.it`s not that bad.Some of their parents just worry about
thier futures,such as their marriages.
But the male in nowadays concern less about their past.It`s just a change of your choice of life.
It won`t infulence your study,career.
IN my opinion, there`s no need to make mountain out of mole hill.It`s their own chioces.
Not compete with others,
thus you can beat the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 05:57:53 |Display all floors

would you like a 2nd course...

Originally posted by momochong1 at 2007-2-2 09:28 AM
I was astonished at my UK colleague when she mentioned this word' One-night-stand' before me 3 years ago. As a traditional Chinese guy, I never heard of it before. However, One-night-stand seems mo ...

hey, momo...you are so murmur 'bout this subject & trust me on this topic...if i were you i'd demand second round or even the 3rd if i may, cuz there is no such thing as one night stand (if something that GOOD...why not keep it coming)...it's only a figure of speech or a kokoo belief by someone rather than yourself and the rest of us here!  for me, i always tell them i need IT to survive...if you're catching my drift!  take care & look for more now you hear!  peter  

[ Last edited by pjtran at 2007-2-9 05:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 13:10:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nymphn at 2007-2-8 20:25
One night stand is getting more and more popular indeed,especially on campus.
I think the reason is those girl turn a blind eye on the binds and rules of society.
In their eyes,maybe their body i ...

"But the male in nowadays concern less about their past", do u mean the male don't care about their own past or the girl they will marry's? If it is the second one, I don't agree with u.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-12 08:47:55 |Display all floors

Is One Night Stand really popular in China?

One night stand is like "touch & go" that you use to pay the highway toll !!
!cid_029101c6ecc8$aca533c0$1516000a@domain.jpg
When the going get tough... the tough get going....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-12 19:29:13 |Display all floors
One -night -stand doesn't fit for china. As a traditional  country ,Chinese is more closed  than westerners i sex.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-13 09:17:10 |Display all floors
what...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-13 12:14:03 |Display all floors

one-night stand

Originally posted by eyeofstorm at 2007-2-8 14:40
A one nite stand means exactly what its implying. I remember one particular ONS, a few years back where me and the girl just clicked on the dance floor at a club. As the freaking on the platform go ...

Phrase:  one-night stand
Definition: a sexual encounter limited to a single occasion; also : a partner in such an encounter
Source:  www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?b ... ;va=one-night+stand  

The other implied usage is this: "He (or she) turned out to be a one-night stand"
It can imply:  We dated for a few weeks now, and then the relationship turned sexual and we made love (had sex).
Come the next few days the relationship sizzles (dies) and the two do not see each other again. However one of the two had intimate feelings for the other person but the feelings weren't mutual. So one party is now not happy and feels taken advantage of.

In contrast with the quoted "on the dance floor" scenario, both parties had the same feelings and neither party is not happy. Both parties agreed and went for the one night of pure sexual gratification. (Mutual Fun - not prostitution). I'd call that a "one-night fling"  instead of a one-night stand. However both communicates the very same idea because of the context in which the dance floor example was used.

fling    Function: noun
1:  an act or instance of flinging
2:  a : a casual try or involvement b : a casual or brief love affair
3:  a period devoted to self-indulgence

[ Last edited by danzaokid at 2007-2-13 12:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.