Views: 43507|Replies: 164

Should I marry a man who is just broke? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-30 15:06:22 |Display all floors
We had been together for more than 6 years, and even planed to buy a house and get married before this Lunar New Year. However, everything changed last month since he was broke.

Now we lost all the money we have accumulated these years for our house and wedding, what's more,he has some debts.

Actually, he was running a small business, just like trading, and he was cheated by a swindler. What happened just like a movie on the TV, and both of us don't believe police would help us to get back our money.

I  didn't blame him because i know it was not his fault, and I know it was becaused he was too eager to earn fast money for our house and wedding that gave those bad men chances. Therefore, the moment I heard this news, I felt so pity for him and I even promised to marry him no matter how hard it would be for us.

However, it is easier said than done. It was really a tough and painful period for us the following month. Some creditors even knocked at our door and asked for payment. Such terrible things never happened in my life before. Now he has no job and income, and i have to pay all the expenses and give him financial support.  I can't tell my family or friends. I don't want them to worry about me. But what should I do?

Last Saturday he asked me to marry him. He said he wanted me to be by his side and he would try his best to draw us out of this plight in one or two year. But i hesitated, and I really don't know how long this priod would last.

Should I marry him?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 15:14:19 |Display all floors

how about love?

°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 15:59:57 |Display all floors
marriage is so important choice of one's life...it is decided on y none can help y....

i am so sorry to hear yr unluck. but everything will get be well....and i know it is so easy to say tht words than to go through those hardest times...but, y can think it about optimisticly that it is a good times to both of y to face the difficulies together.

yr "husband" need yr courage and support...

best wish to y and yr "husband"...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 16:11:22 |Display all floors

There is nothing wrong with our love

We have a very long and romantic love story. We first met on line, then he left his hometown and moved to my city, 3000km away, coz I was a university students at that time. We had a really happy 3 years in Northeast of China. After graduated, which was 3 years ago, I left my hometown and came to GZ with him and we started our new life and career in this city.
We met lots of resistance from the very beginning. My parents wanted me to stop our relationship, because he was 9 years older than me, and they didn't want me to leave them and my hometown. They believed I deserve someone much better than him.
However, I know that there is nothing wrong with our love. He is a very sweet and considerate man. He loves me with all he heart, and I feel very comfortable and happy with him. I have never thought of leaving him before.
We are always  happy together, even though we are not so rich, and we seldom have fights in the past 6 years, at least less than we have in the past month. Most of our fights which can be numbered in the past months have usually been about money.
In China, we have a word which means" Poor couples always feel sad". I don't know what our love would be like under such bad circumstances.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 16:18:22 |Display all floors
Y calculate yr love by fortune...?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 16:23:02 |Display all floors

It seems that

you should marry him.

According to your story he did nothing wrong, it was not his fault.

He made money once

He can make money again

but maybe he needs you to support him to start it all again.

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 16:29:03 |Display all floors

think it optimistically

Originally posted by alexangel at 2007-1-30 15:59
marriage is so important choice of one's life...it is decided on y none can help y....

i am so sorry to hear yr unluck. but everything will get be well....and i know it is so easy to say tht wor ...

Thank you very much for your best wishes and nice suggestion!
Yes, it would be better to think it optimistically. My BF is much optimistic than me too. I always got support and optimistic attitude from him before.
Most of time, I can behave strong and optimistic, and I know our love will be deeper if we can go through it together. But still there are some time I feel blue. I know he has heavier pressure than me, so I tried my best not to present my bad mood before him.
Sometimes feel strong, and sometimes feel hopeless.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.