Author: mary_zhang

Should I marry a man who is just broke? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-2 16:19:08 |Display all floors

just do it

if you love him ,just do it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 16:27:02 |Display all floors

A lesson learnt

It is better that he has been cheated early, when he had less to lose, than much later when he would have had more to lose.

Maybe he is a better potential husband now he knows what tircks people play and he knows the value of money and hard work.

If he is trying to start again and earn the money back, then that is good - it shows he doesn't give up.

Several multi millionaires (in USD not RMB) that I know of have been bankrupt and lost everything at some time in their early rise to riches.

I think you should do what Canchin said - marry him but keep an eye on the money

Woman's job is to save a man from himself :)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 16:27:14 |Display all floors
Be attributed to the society is too real_life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 16:41:30 |Display all floors
l suggest you marry a man who is accepted by your parents in your hometown
maybe you will say : you love him only  , he treat you well ,  you believe you can overcome the problem together..........
but ,  you think so because you are his girlfriend now .  you are not willing to accept the fact : there are so many good men to love   .   most man over 30 can take good care of sb  .  don't be puzzled by your current actuality
moreover, l can conclude from your story that your boyfriend is a gambler.  Careful man will never take a big risk to do something.they will think of whether they can afford the loss in advance.So as far as l concerned, your boyfriend will never change his charactor in the future.  
Maybe you will say if you leave him at the toughest time ,he will lose encourage and confidence. l think you can support him for some time .when he overcome the problem ,you can leave him
Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 16:46:01 |Display all floors
I think it is not a proper time to consider his propose.

The man was now plunged into terrible plight, and his propose to you maybe just an equivalent to balance his lose in fortune.

I think it is unfair to you, why he didn't propose to you when he is well off, instead of divvying his plight to you in his downturn?

This seems an ineffaceable issue you should ask him or ask yourself.  

I hope what I said does not offence you by the impress of my alienating you and your lover out of any malice.

[ Last edited by elson_chen at 2007-2-2 04:48 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 16:50:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by elson_chen at 2007-2-2 16:46
I think it is not a proper time to consider his propose.

The man was now plunged into terrible plight, and his propose to you maybe just an equivalent to balance his lose in fortune.

I think ...

l agree with no.,61
he propose you now because he need encourage and economic source now , it is not a good time to consider this problem
Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 17:19:51 |Display all floors

you are a dutiful son

Originally posted by scofield007 at 2007-2-2 16:41
l suggest you marry a man who is accepted by your parents in your hometown
maybe you will say : you love him only  , he treat you well ,  you believe you can overcome the problem together......... ...

Hi scofield,
From what you said, you are really a dutiful son, and I believe you are responsible man too. I respect you for your love to your parents, and I can imagine how tough it would be in those days when you decided to leave your lovely gf. Nobody else can imagine the pain when one has to make a choice between his/her lover and his/her parents. It was so painful....
Yes, my bf is the kind of man who would like to take the risk to achieve his goal, and he didn't want to miss any opportunity. I also think this charactor has two sides, similar to a gambler and a successful man. He has to balance it of course.
I won't leave him when he is in his toughest period, but I keep an eye on what's going on. I will take your advice to leave him later if I find he is a gambler.
Thanks again for your advice.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.