Author: mary_zhang

Should I marry a man who is just broke? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-31 00:13:59 |Display all floors

My advice...

P.T. Barnum once said " there's a sucker born every miniute"

Your boyfriend falls into that category for whatever reason.   There is really no other way to say it, he's stupid.  People lose money all the time, but to be swindled out of everything says "YOUR STUPID" in capital letters.   

If you want to have a long and happy life....   keep looking for a man that is not stupid!  In China the numbers are in your favor.    Love may be blind... but it should not be deaf and dumb also.
Communication is the most important source of personal power.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 09:40:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by plasmalupus at 2007-1-31 00:13
P.T. Barnum once said " there's a sucker born every miniute"

Your boyfriend falls into that category for whatever reason.   There is really no other way to say it, he's stupid.  People ...

What you said is just like a blow to me. I really hope my bf is not in that category, or I will feel myself just like another stupid woman, living with a stupid man for so many years. Anyway, thank you very much. I will bear your advice in mind, and see whether he is in that category, if so, I will definitely leave him no matter how painful it would be.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 11:06:37 |Display all floors
Don't simplify things just for stupidity
Is he too greedy, seeing the profit not knowning the risk?
Does he like to take risk more than he can take like those gamblers?
Can he learn from experience?
Some saying that gamblers won't learn from loss. It's hard to change this habit.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 11:33:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amyamy at 2007-1-31 11:06
Don't simplify things just for stupidity
Is he too greedy, seeing the profit not knowning the risk?
Does he like to take risk more than he can take like those gamblers?
Can he learn from experie ...

Can't agree more...
Though there seems no risk free profit doing any business, one should know how to manage risks.
I only take those risks when I am sure I can bear those possible loss.
I would like to stay far away from those gamblers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 11:39:32 |Display all floors
How could he not be a gambler...his demise was the symptoms at work of a full on gambler. He invested EVERYTHING...most people with 'logic' don't gamble their EVERYTHING unless they know they have 'NOTHING' to lose. If he had some common logic he would think twice about 'gambling' and leave some extra 'just in case'. The rule of thumb to most people who have some common sense is not to gamble off everything they have. He acted out through emotions and acted very irrationally without thinking about consequences that would arise if the deal did not fall through. Also, the guy is in his mid-thirties you would think he knew some tact and advised about something 'life changing' like this 'investment'.

[ Last edited by eyeofstorm at 2007-1-31 11:46 AM ]
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 11:52:14 |Display all floors
If you really love the guy, go marry him.  After all, money can't buy everything so if you really like him, marry him.
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 11:54:50 |Display all floors
In N. America, if you get so far behind in credit payments that you have to declare bankruptcy, the credit card companies and banks will beat a path to your door to lend you more money.

Why?

Because you are a proven borrower, and they love proven borrowers because it means that they will always be able to count on you giving them money for the rest of your life.

Someone that is "just broke" indicates that at one time he - or she - was able to have money and that is not something that everyone can do.

So, go ahead, marry him - or her - and just make sure that once he - or she - has some more money that you get some and put it away before he - or she - goes broke again.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.