Author: mary_zhang

Should I marry a man who is just broke? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-2 17:26:47 |Display all floors
l can conclude from your english level that  you are an outstanding girl in many fields.
May you good luck and live a happy life
Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 17:28:50 |Display all floors

Thank you for your best wishes

Originally posted by cnxiat at 2007-2-2 15:48
Hi Mary,

Thanks for your story about you and your BF.
First of all,I think that you are a good girl.Everyone can not forecast that lucky and unlucky,i just would like to say,you should support  ...

hi Tony,
Thank you very much for your best wishes. You words are so warm and sweet. Maybe I should just look more upon those bright sides....After all, I am a good girl and I deserve happiness. Hope all the people who I love and who love me happy, and best wishes to you and all the friends here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 17:48:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by doublehappy at 2007-2-2 16:16
before you do a decision,you should tell yourself that you will not regret!
everything is changing.it is important that today you love him.
wish you and yours will be happy

I never regret for yesterday. It is meaningless to worry about or feel regret for yesterday, isn't it?
My problem is I like to plan my future and I have high expectation of my future, but there are always something I can not control, so I feel so upset.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 17:54:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-2-2 16:27
It is better that he has been cheated early, when he had less to lose, than much later when he would have had more to lose.

Maybe he is a better potential husband now he knows what tircks people ...

You said it. It's really good to experience this earlier, loosing some money today better than loosing more money in the future...
We both learned a lot from this incident. Failure helps us think more and grow, while plight makes us mature. I would like to see him pick himself up from the defeats. Hope I can be more stronger to save him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 18:09:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by elson_chen at 2007-2-2 16:46
I think it is not a proper time to consider his propose.

The man was now plunged into terrible plight, and his propose to you maybe just an equivalent to balance his lose in fortune.

I think ...

Thank you for your advice. It won't offence me of course.
Actually I missed the propose part. He proposed several times before, and even his mother asked me several times when will I accept the propose. I have already postponed it for some time, for I have high pressure from outside. I want to wait for the time when he has better economic condition. I need to convince my parents and friends that he is the man who has the ability to give me a good life.
I know this gave my bf very high pressure, and I guess it is one of the reasons why he is so eager to make more money.
I know he fear I would leave him, so he wants me to marry him now, so that he could put all his efforts to work free of worry of losing me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 20:34:15 |Display all floors
You said that your unintentional press maybe is one of the reasons to make more money to pay court to you, and then frankly, I somehow puzzled about the man's sincerity in affection towards you.  

For the reason that in my moral, I would not regard it sound or even repulse any flimsy motivation to jack up love just by money.

From your words you have posted here, you are likely a sentimental lady with definite idea, so do you calm yourself that the man really have nonmaterial ability except his substantial fortune to love you and fulfill your amorous soul ?

Provided that you could admit your trait of worship fortune, as the fact that in your posts you never slide over his whilom fortune, and then the man maybe has the qualification to be your Mr. Right, even now he is in burst-up.

Otherwise, your hesitation at this moment about his propose just at the advent of his plight may inflict his suspicion about whether you really still love him when he is out of fortune.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 23:45:25 |Display all floors
Mary
Consult your parents now while you can.
They will be gone one day and you won't have the chance.
They love you more than any man can, talk to them about your feelings for this man, their love for you will be enriched because you turned to them. If you love this man make that clear to your parents, but at least give them a chance to speak into your life, they have your best interests at heart.
Listen carefully to them and then consider what you want to do yourself is fine, you will never regret going back to them now.

Your BF is a gambler no doubt about it,  to lose all in one transaction is gambling, one day he may make it very big taking those risks, but he may lose it all again and could be worse next time.

Talk to your BF now about how business transactions should be managed to reduce risks, trust me on this if he does not want to listen that will be a sure sign of future troubles.
If he cannot listen to sound advice on the subject of business now the future could be a lot worse.

I give this advice not from pride, but from experience.

I am a gambler and I caused issues for my family in the past
My parents are gone now,  I wish they were here to help me now, you don't have to wish, just take the train.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.