Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-29 19:15:27 |Display all floors

Reply #8 hly2008's post

根据hly提供的链接,对照文本听了录音,winston churchill centre 的版本是准确的,而另外那个版本有好几处出入。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-29 20:58:59 |Display all floors
湖南师范大学一个在上海交大读博士的英语讲师还有上海交大外国语学院一个硕士生在《中国翻译》2007年第一期上对这个考试做了个评析。

Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.

这段英文,他们给的译文是:大家必须认识到这一点:没有胜利,就没有大英帝国的存在,就没有大英帝国所代表的一切的存在,就没有时代策动力的存在,就没有我们人类应该向着这个目标的迈进!

这个译文合格吗?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-29 21:23:33 |Display all floors

try

I would say to the House, as I said to those who have joined this government: "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."

我想对新组阁的下院说句老话,那就是“ 我只有呕心沥血,不辞辛劳,鞠躬尽瘁,才能不负众望”,政府的老成员对这句话已不陌生了

We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering.
我们面临最严峻的考验. 摆在我们眼前的是一条漫漫的荆棘路

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-29 21:51:20 |Display all floors

try

You ask, what is our policy?
假如你想问,我们的政策是什么?
I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.
我可以大声告诉你们: 我们的政策就是动用我们所能动用的武力以及上帝赐给我们的力量,发动海战,陆战,空战 ; 与滔天暴行斗争, 决不向犯下人类罪行的黑暗势力示弱,这是一段可悲可泣的历史.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-29 22:35:01 |Display all floors
You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
你要问,我们的目标是什么,我可以用一个词来回答:胜利, 不惜一切争取胜利, 无所畏惧走向胜利,无论道路多么漫长,多么艰难; 因为,只有胜利,才能生存(残酷的战争,不是敌死,就是我亡)

Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.

大家务必达成共识:只有大英帝国幸存下来,以大英帝国为中流底柱(代表)的力量才能得以存在,才有时代驱动力能动力可言,所以我们人类应该朝着共同的目标前进!

But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."
我踌躇满志勇挑重担,我有信心,我感觉我们的事业不会失败,我想我有权获得所有人的支持, 我要说的是"让我们团结一致,勇往直前

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 08:04:40 |Display all floors

这段英文,他们给的译文是:大家必须认识到这一点:没有胜利,就没有大英帝国的存在,就没有大英帝国所代表的一切的存在,就没有时代策动力的存在,就没有我们人类应该向着这个目标的迈进!

这两个作者参加了TEM8的阅卷工作。他们对原文的理解自然影响到所阅试卷考生的成绩。

这个试题与Churchill的原话有一点出入:
(邱吉尔的原话,有录音为证)
Let that be realized; no survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge and impulse of the ages, that mankind will move forward towards its goal.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.