Views: 25935|Replies: 85

USA..The best country on Earth? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-17 09:06:44 |Display all floors
...Well, that's a depressing thought.. On what basis do you claim this usanurse, are you really not aware of any country that might have overall better living conditions for it's citizens, and a more transparent political system and more solidarity towards others?

Another thing I'm curious about  is whether americans ever stop to wonder why they recieve so much resentment, even from other western countries? Do you believe any of it hold any grounds? Don't you see the need for any changes or are you too convinced that your country are doing it all right at the present, and that it's just the rest of the world that doesn't know what's best for us?

Another thing. How can you americans just sit and watch as your government hold hundreds of illigal prisoners at Guantanamo Bay without any trial for the fifth year now? It makes me sick to the stomack when I hear americans talk about human rights, justice and democracy when everybody knows your governments, past and present, have broken allmost all the rules in the book, over and over again! How can this ever be beneficial
to the USA?

[ Last edited by safaribehn at 2007-1-17 09:08 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 09:26:19 |Display all floors
Answer #1:  I speak for myself, but I like USA because racism is not tolerated.  Regardless of what I read on these forums, you have to look REALLY hard while inside America to find racism.  I find Chinese racism everyday here in the forums.... does that mean ALL Chinese are racists?  No.  Better living conditions and transparent political system?  No, I don't think you could find better conditions for living in America, if you have a home, that is.  Transparent political system is awesome... you guys know more about our political system than I do.  Chinese system as far as I know is that there is one main guy, and he picks the next guy, or is assassinated and replaced.  Not very fair to me.

As for everyone having resentment to USA, it's like the police:  You resent them pulling you over, you resent them beating innocent people, you resent them sending innocent people to jail, you resent them killing innocent/guilty people.  You can hate them, but without them there will be anarchy.

The people at Guantanamo Bay are not there because they didn't pay their parking ticket.  They picked up arms against American soldiers.  I would expect no less of the Chinese prisoners of war if your country held them.  If a people decide to attack you WITHOUT wearing uniforms, WITHOUT the Geneva convention rights, and WITHOUT a country's declaration of war, then they are animals and need to be caged.  Don't expect to fight anyone and demand that they go by the rules when you, yourself, have not gone by the rules.

Don't forget that gentleman that was released from Guantanamo Bay, then promptly went out and suicide bombed some Iraqis two weeks after release.  Animals.  Caged.  I need say no more.

As for governments breaking all the rules in the book, let me mention a few you may have forgotten:

Tibet.
Tianemen Square
Falun Gong

Oops, I wasn't supposed to mention those, was I?  Straighten your own house before telling the neighbors that their's is dirty.
www.foxnews.com
We report.  You decide.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 11:50:59 |Display all floors

Reply #2 fyrstar's post

My answer about Amerikan Rascism....

Why the Blacks?
Why bully the Mexicans?
What has Arabs done to Amerikans to become so bullied?
Why the blackmouthing of the British Commonwealth?
What was the reason of the Monroe doctrine>?

why why why

Green Dragon

----------------------------------------------------------
China Daily
More and More important in our new world!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 13:28:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by safaribehn at 2007-1-17 09:06
...Well, that's a depressing thought.. On what basis do you claim this usanurse, are you really not aware of any country that might have overall better living conditions for it's citizens, and a mo ...

It's simple really. To be honest, many americans DON'T know what goes on politically. They are busy working, cooking dinner, helping their kid with their homework, and watching distracting TV shows or empty misleading news, thinking they are doing just fine. The americans who DO know about 'bad things'... well, they are not the majority, so their votes will not win any elections. And other than all the usual picket lines and protests and grassroots news spreading.... well, if you have any suggestions for them, look them up online and give them your ideas. I'm sure they'd appreciate it if they'll work. Perhaps you can help them.

Why don't the masses of ANY country change their country? It takes organization, we know that's the start, don't we? And it takes a clear goal that MANY people will be united on. And there may even be bloodshed or at least arrests.

What makes everyone think any old american can just change the whole country? It's a really big country you know, with LOTS of people in power, with LOTS of money & ways of stopping what they want to stop.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 14:02:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-1-17 13:28

It's simple really. To be honest, many americans DON'T know what goes on politically. They are busy working, cooking dinner, helping their kid with their homework, and watching distracting TV s ...

Amen, but I put this as the fault of the American people.  If they don't take voting seriously , why should the politicians take them seriously.  The American system of rule fails because it assumes two things: people are smart and people actually use their votes.  Currently, some 32% of the US actually votes for the President.  That's how George W. became president.  He was voted by a majority of 32 precent of the population or 17%.  not only that, most Americans are ignorant rednecks (I would know) and don't care about politics.  Therefore, they only believe what is told to them on television and lead to the domination of politics by rich people.   

America, the BEST country in the world?  Only if your world consists of the underworld where people are stabbed by pitchfolks everyday.  (Oops, I forgot, they do worse in America; the American soldiers torture people).

Americans are also so wasteful.  I try to conserve resources as much as I can but how much resources Americans use is just ridiculous.  The greatest country in the world must also set an example for other countries.  This example is not set by wasting resources, fighting useless wars, torturing random Arabic people, having a bad education system, and raping other countries like Iraq of their oil.
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 14:08:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fyrstar at 2007-1-17 09:26
Answer #1:  I speak for myself, but I like USA because racism is not tolerated.  Regardless of what I read on these forums, you have to look REALLY hard while inside America to find racism.  I find ...

(1) Falun Gong is a political organization supported by Taiwanese separatist forces.  How would you like it if Americans had a Nazi party?  Huh?!
(2) Guantanamo Bay has many innocent people who were arrested by the CIA/ FBI just because of their enthicity (need I remind you of the two Uighur Muslims kidnapped from CHina and later found innocent but tortured by electrical wires to the genitals)
(3) I doubt you could find any logical person on this planet who supports the torture of innocent people at Guantanamo Bay.  Perhaps, you would like it if the Chinese government kidnapped you from America, took you to a secret place in China, attached electrical wires to your genitals, and shocked you.
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-18 23:22:39 |Display all floors
Oops, I wasn't supposed to mention those, was I?  Straighten your own house before telling the neighbors that their's is dirty.

My point exactly, the US has't straightened it's own act either so americans have no business prancing around like this!! China do have it's problems, but it's still a dictatorship and incidents are to be expected, your country which claims to be a democracy should do better and stick to the values of that kind of society. Especially when you have chosen this ridiculous path of world saviours. Besides China recieves it's share of critizism from the west.

As for my post, it was supposed to be an answer to something usanurse wrote in another thread, don't know what happened, just thought i should clear that out.

As for the prisoners on Guantanamo, many of them are just simple farmers fighting for their country regardless what we might think of that country. Some weren't even fighting, just captured on just faint suspicions, or to look good in the media (i imagine) in those first months of your ever ongoing escapade.

I do understand your war on terror, and I see the need for doing something, but at the same time you don't listen. The way you handle this now is by pressing lid back on the steaming kettle, and often refuse to take in any self critezism. This is a major fault in your campaign and you can't win over terror this way. The pressure still builds....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.