Author: natalya

George W. Bush: A Symptom of Disease [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-16 23:05:38 |Display all floors
Post #143 for thicko frothow:

References:

1. Bush shelving the ban on MBTE, Detroit Free Press, 2/16/04, 2F.
   2. Scientists Accuse White House of Distorting Facts, by JAMES GLANZ, NY Times, February 18, 2004
   3. The Nation, Mar. 1, 2004, p. 3, reporting on false statement about nuclear power plants in Afghanistan in Bush's 2002 State of the Union address.
   4. The Associated Press reported on 2/18/04: "The White House backed away Wednesday from its own prediction that the economy will add 2.6 million new jobs before the end of this year, saying the forecast was the work of number-crunchers and that President Bush was not a statistician."
   5. Article appearing in Detroit Free Press on Feb. 25, 2004, Sec. 9A on NEA actions against Bush.
   6. Bush Replaces Members of Bioethics Panel by Jennifer Loven, AP writer, Feb. 28, 2004.
   7. Trade Gap Hits Record $43.1 Billion in January, Reuters, Mar. 10, 2004
   8. Paul Krugman article titled: "No More Excuses on Jobs", NY Times, Mar. 12, 2004, on the jobless recovery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh damnit, I cannot see the point of continuing with every reference, frothow. You are a moron!

I am not writing a book for you. You wouldn't understand it anyway.

Most people with a logical brain knows about these things just by listening to the news.

Do you watch cartoons all the time? If someone with an IQ above 85 ask me then I will supply the rest of the references.

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-3-16 11:13 PM ]
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 00:15:19 |Display all floors

Shrub is a symptom of a dying empire

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-18 07:00:22 |Display all floors

Reply #163 changabula's post

OK i will grant you that you have real sources . I am but one of millions of Americans that voted for bush are you suggesting that all those
Americans are morons? Mr bushes main priority is fighting terrorism everything else takes a back seat from this priority which is of extreme
importance, national security. Their hasn't been another attack on America since 9-11, this is an accomplishment by Bush that those of us that live in America feel is priority #1 and its not like the enemies of America haven't tried countless plots by the terrorists have been foiled. Mr Bush is a republican and assuming you live in China you should know that China benefits from a republican president of America which has economic policies that make China prosper( fellow Chinese forum member " Chairman" understands this well ) So please be a patriot
of your country , be for the continued economic prosperity of China , do your part in helping the Chinese economy by shutting the f.ck up!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 01:24:08 |Display all floors

Reply #158 --- changabula's post...

You wrote,

"Again we have this lame excuse in this day and age.

America is justified in taking resources by force because other nations may probably have done it thousands of years ago!"

Again, you have interpreted the meaning of my post as what you want it to imply rather than trying to understand what I have written.

1.  All nations, throughout history' have waged war to either acquire resources or defend them.

2.  No nation or race of people on Earth are 'innocent' of what you refer to as 'civilized' behavior'

3.  If they have done it in the past, I see no conclusive proof that anyone has changed for the better today or in the forseeable future.

Why do you believe the China will act any differently?  Some Chinese are already calling for war with Taiwan, Japan, US, etc.  Are these the civilized people you are asking Americans to emulate?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 09:25:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nosferatu at 2007-3-20 01:24
You wrote,

"Again we have this lame excuse in this day and age.

America is justified in taking resources by force because other nations may probably have done it thousands of years ago!& ...

Looking around the world at present, there are only two engaged in acts of agression. Can you guess which two?
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 10:50:11 |Display all floors
Dear Chang,

nosferatu is falling back to the oldest trick in the book  : " someone would have done worse so I am entitled to do what I did ."  ie  if I robbed a bank of $1000 I can say " the next robber could have taken $2,000. See how good I was ? "

Americans under Dubya has been one lawless couldn't care less monstrosity . They invaded, occupied, destroyed and killed at will. They offer the one and only  excuse " national security ". That is the code word for chaos and the law of the jungle : anything goes. This is not the subservient age any more , nosi , the natives are fighting back and they are fighting well. Pity that the Americans are still living in that cocoon of the past.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 18:24:11 |Display all floors
mengzhi is right. national security should not be given as an excuse to invade another country otherwise the law of the united nation preventing such invasion will become useless, as all invading nation will use national security as an excuse.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.