Views: 28255|Replies: 184

George W. Bush: A Symptom of Disease [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-14 15:41:28 |Display all floors
How even a moronic idiot can ascend the US presidency and endanger the whole world ...

Sometimes you look around and wonder how things could have gone so wrong so quickly. America has become the antithesis of everything she purports to be. We are the greatest purveyors of violence the world has ever known; the largest weapons dealers on earth; and death and misery are our principal exports. Everything is for sale here, even men’s tormented souls—at least, those who still possess them.

Our imperial leader, an impish little man with clear sociopathic symptoms, is incapable of empathy for the struggles of the common people, as those born into wealth and privilege often are. The man with his finger on the nuclear detonator is mentally ill, incapable of remorse—a fact that should terrify every world citizen. I do not say this out of malice or to demean the president; it is simply a statement of fact based upon quantifiable evidence that any student of psychology would easily recognize.

The fact that such a misfit could ascend to the presidency is testimony to the effectiveness of the capital system. Under capitalism, political power is not derived from the people, as would be the case in a democracy; nor does it not flow from the bottom up—it matriculates from the top down. It is really quite simple: The men and women who are in office were put there by people with immense wealth to represent the interests of the wealthy, to make money for them. And that is exactly what they are doing.

In many ways, George W. Bush is the perfect man for the job, if one understands what his real work entails as an emissary of the ruling class. He possesses all of the qualifications the vocation requires: callousness and indifference to the needs of others, the absence of conscience, truncated mental capacity; the inability to reason and to analyze; the incapacity to admit wrong doing; a penchant for cruelty that includes the enjoyment of inflicting pain and torture on others, as well as a powerful sense of nobility and entitlement that stems from being born into wealth and privilege. He is also a pathological liar.

From the president’s sickly perspective, the admission of failure is equivalent to a declaration of weakness and indecision, which explains his inability to change course, even if it means the destruction of America. Thus he has no guilt about sending thousands more men and women to kill and die in Iraq. You see, the president’s mind is defective. It does not work like the minds of normal human beings.

Corporate America placed George W. Bush in the White House to wage endless war; to bankrupt the federal treasury to the extent that few social programs will survive, and virtually all of our tax dollars will go into supporting the military industrial complex. The people who put him in office intend to end public ownership of the commons, as well as all government programs that do not directly benefit the wealthy.

Let me clarify what this entails. If Bush and his handlers prevail in the class struggle, all social programs of value to the middle class and the poor, including Social Security, will be privatized and run for profit. The National Parks, National Forests, and all public lands will be privatized, and divvied up to private vendors such as the Disney Corporation. The public school system, like the public airwaves, will become for profit entities to serve corporate interests. Educating our children will be of secondary importance to the profitability of the corporations managing the schools. Every public service will be transferred to the private sector in order provide more wealth to corporate America at public expense.

We see the foundations of privatization being laid in Iraq by the war profiteers. Billions of dollars in stolen wealth are being hauled out of Iraq by the very same corporations that lobbied for war. War is money and in America money is power to control the political process. It is a vicious cycle that will not end until the people recognize it for what it is and rise up against it.

Certainly no man of conscience or integrity could so easily betray the people of America he is sworn to serve. That is why George W. Bush is the right man for the job and he is abetted by a compliant Congress acting under the influence of corporate lobbyists. But the president and his accomplices in Congress are only symptoms of a more pervasive disease that deeply afflicts our political system—capitalism. Class war is being waged simultaneously on many fronts and the dough keeps rolling in.

By Charles Sullivan
January 12, 2007

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-15 18:00:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by natalya at 2007-1-14 15:41
That is why George W. Bush is the right man for the job

What is more puzzling is that Tony Blair says that he supports him 100% even though the British people are so against it!

Could it be because of alcoholic abuse? Maybe if he was normal, he would have felt stronger and not gone along with those advisors of his.

BTW A fantastic post.

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-1-15 06:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-16 01:44:23 |Display all floors

Reply #1 --- natalya's post...

Before I correct some of  the misconceptions that the author of the article you posted contains, you should realize that sometimes the decisions made by the leaders of a nation are not always supported by a majority of the people.  That does not mean the will of or feelings of a majority of the people is right.  Sometimes the leadership must take action to correct prejudice and descrimination in the nation, or make unpopular military action that will have to be done sooner or later.  Or to even prevent an even more distasteful action that will cause even greater loss of life or destruction.

1.  The article says,

"How even a moronic idiot can ascend the US presidency and endanger the whole world ..."

==>  A majority of the voters in the United States elected him.  We in the West wonder how the population of China could support the leaders in the 1960's when so many suffered.  Surely a majority of the leaders and the people themselves would have put a stop to the madness that hurt so many.

2.  The article says,

"The fact that such a misfit could ascend to the presidency is testimony to the effectiveness of the capital system. Under capitalism, political power is not derived from the people, as would be the case in a democracy; nor does it not flow from the bottom up—it matriculates from the top down. It is really quite simple: The men and women who are in office were put there by people with immense wealth to represent the interests of the wealthy, to make money for them. And that is exactly what they are doing."

==>  Again, the majority of the voters in the United States elected President Bush.  To blame the choice of primarily middle-class voters is baseless opinion without merit to back it up.  I have to wornder what the author's definition of wealthy  is.  And how he believes they were they able to convince the majority of people (far from wealthy) to vote a particular way?  Everyone votes for a candidate that they believe will support policies that will benefit them, or promote similar beliefs.  

3  The article continues to question the morals and character of the President.  In short, I believe he thinks his actions are justified and support the vital interests of the United States, as well as providing the Iraqi people a better option than existence under the tyrant Saddam Hussein.

I agree with President Bush's motives and goals.  It is easy to say that don't approve of his methods, but I will anyway.  I can fault President Bush for attempting nation building.  I am probably much crueler than the article suggests he is, in that I don't believe we should try to guide or help a people achieve a goal they do not wish, or, even worse, do not seem capable or willing to do themselves.

But the article should point out the truth:  the United States leadership attempted to promote its interests in an area where the people would not support the desired change.  Old tribal hate and fighting resumed with the removal of a strong, central authority to prevent it.  And the people are suffering more.  The only positive not is that now the Kurds and the Shiites are able to fight the Sunnis on an equal basis.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-16 04:25:54 |Display all floors

Self Harm.

Hats off and three cheers to Charles Sullivan. It is a concise and overdue report card on the state of affairs besetting the USA. I suppose being an American and offering this cut to the bone analysis escapes the regulation ' anti-American ' label that one of us would have attracted if we had said the same.

It is a example par excellence of self harm on a grand scale. Dubya ( with the posse behind him )had , in a 6 year period, destroyed and demolished all the accumulated goodwill and trust the world has towards the US.  He has just about emptied the public coffers and transferred the loot into the capitalists' bulging bank accounts. Every aspect of the new economic liberal has been fulfilled : every element of daily life has been commodified or in the process of being so. " User pays " is the clarion call which echoes through the society .In other words,  no money no service, buddy. Medical care , medicine, education and welfare subsidies. If you do not make a million by the age of 30 , you are a failure. Let the rich and richer enjoy.

Back to the politics. As Rome is being consumed in the ever widening conflagration of unnecessary wars, Nero is starting more fires as a matter of course. Iran and Syria are the next targets. North Kores and China after? I see the slicing of both wrists and a hari-kiri thrust of that samurai sword into the centre of the abdomen. It is gory and inglorius exit and our American friends will spend the next two generations trying to pick up the pieces and clean the floor. Sadly, badly mad.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-16 04:42:44 |Display all floors
I live in the US, ok. Nosferatu.  Anyone who votes for George the Terrorist is a racist redneck.  How does it feel to have another Amerian against you? HUH?!
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-16 07:17:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by middlekingdo at 15-1-2007 20:42
I live in the US, ok. Nosferatu.  Anyone who votes for George the Terrorist is a racist redneck.  How does it feel to have another Amerian against you? HUH?!

So who did you vote for? If you didn't vote then you're as much to blame for Bush getting elected as those that voted for him.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-16 19:07:56 |Display all floors

Who did vote for him indeed.

mencius,

You butt out of this. Who did YOU vote for in the UK then ? Blair the twin of the Texas twit ? Suddenly there is an embarassing silence as to being the cheer leader for these patholigical liars ( to their own people first and foremost ). Now it is the apologists who fill the forum threads with mealymouthed mutterings.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.