Views: 3043|Replies: 9

Cell phone. Necessary? Status symbol? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-14 07:35:53 |Display all floors
In todays world, having a cell phone for business and / or employment is understandable. The questions I ask you is, " if you have a house phone, do you really need a cell phone"? Is a cell phone just a status symbol for you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-14 08:25:20 |Display all floors
For a lot of young people getting their own living places nowadays, the question is the other way around: "If I have a cell phone, do I really need a house phone?" Me, I have a cell phone, but unlike many nowadays, it doesn't take pictures, check email, play MP3s or anything like that. I use it as my primary phone--my roommate has a phone for the apartment we share, but I don't think I even know the number. When I have a more permanent place in a few months, I'll probably have a house phone, and I'll keep my cell phone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-14 12:24:29 |Display all floors
it's really very unconvenient when you don't have one

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-14 13:09:04 |Display all floors
i think it is not status symbol but a normal and necessary equipment for everyone.  in many emergent situation, cellphone can show its big function.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-14 14:11:27 |Display all floors
i had this debate in my history class last year. ^^
it could be seen as status if you get an over expensive phone... however most of the people have it for contact. i think about 99% of kids in my school have cell phones and the model varies. as for me, i have a motorola L7, which is decent, but not good enough to say it represent any status. overall, i'd say it serves a purpose rather than just status. ^^
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-14 19:06:55 |Display all floors
I don't think it's a status symbol, it's cheap nowadays and many people can afford one.
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-14 20:13:04 |Display all floors
just a necessary tool!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.