Views: 5777|Replies: 9

how to improve my writing ability [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-10 16:49:33 |Display all floors
dear all :
  I can read newspaper and other English articles, but I willl forget all words when I am ready  to write something, I feel very disappointed about it ! how to get rid of it ?please help me
best regards
:(
Img247159280.jpg
big progress from working hard

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-10 19:14:24 |Display all floors
Pls record some useful phrases & sentences while u r reading ,and pratice writing as many as possible.
If u have free time, u can write  diary in English each day .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-10 20:24:59 |Display all floors
i have the same problem.In order to solve it, i often send mails and talk on msn or QQ with my friends in english.i think that is a good way to improve my written ability.
if you will, you can send mails to talk everything in english.
my mail addressi.han@inventec-inc.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-10 22:55:41 |Display all floors
I agree with Justin and George, but I would like to add that you should also learn some
techniques or methods from textbooks also and praticing it alot.

Keep in mind that Writing is creating, while Reading is only learning. Therefore, it is obvious
that writting is much more difficult than reading. I hope you understand what I mean and put
more times into writing as an artist put times into drawing, not just looking at pictures.

Good luck and God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2007-1-10 10:59 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-10 23:50:16 |Display all floors

How could i know if a person is good at english or not?

everyone on internet is not like what they appear in daily life.it's  somewhat of a disaster that you find a wrong person when you really need help.so could you give me some informations about the person i really need.i'll thank you very much!

[ Last edited by kmburnbird at 2007-1-11 12:22 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 00:40:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kmburnbird at 2007-1-10 23:50
everyone on internet is not like what they appear in daily life.it's  somewhat of a disaster that you find a wrong person when you really need help.so could you give me some informations about the  ...

That is a very good question, kmburnbird, because it takes an experience person to know
who's good and who's bad in English. The way I see it if a person born in a country that used
English as first language, and he have successfully finished High School with high grade,
I believe he have enough knowledge to help Non-English speaking people such as us.

I don't see any otherway for inexperience people to distinguish the difference between
people who's good and people who's bad in English. I myself have more then twenty
of experiences with English and I still made errors here and there, but I don't care because
English is not my major or my main duty at work.

Now if you want to learn English from a robot called Hal, that is good because Hal don't
make grammar or spelling error, but he's not smart like a human being like you and me, but
you can learn from what he say to you. If you interested it in Hal, check out my thread called,
'Practice Listening to English with free software' in 'English Square' here.

And I hope that help.

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2007-1-11 12:42 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 14:10:18 |Display all floors

Thank you for your reply!Forest Servant

your advice is helpful,i will try it.

[ Last edited by kmburnbird at 2007-1-11 02:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.