Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 20:34:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by alexangel at 2007-2-10 19:55

:handshake
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-18 08:15:56 |Display all floors

-

I can think of a number of people who should be killed but for therelief  of the people around them and the  world.........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 03:20:41 |Display all floors
if the terminally ill (which is quite hard to define) but for the sake of the definition, if the "Beyond all hope" asks for euthanasia... i just might agree but it would be a hard thing to swallow

but i will have serious issues if the decision is made by other than the sick person

the biggest concerns are the abuse that can take place once physicians are given the full permission

where do you draw the line?

will it become acceptable for people who have lost their will to live for other reasons to opt for suicide? should we not be concentrating on finding solutions to making life more bearable as opposed to making it easier for people to end their lives?
"It ain't no thang but a chicken wing."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 20:32:53 |Display all floors
it's personal choice, if someone wants to end their life then they should be assisted.  this is one of those things that should be discussed between spuoses before they get too old and their brains get cluttered.   I support it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 22:55:58 |Display all floors
I think that there are two main points involved in this.
1- Is the person really suffering and is their quality of life impossible to be regained.
2- The persons own desire to end their life with reasonable regard to all their own facts.

If the person has a stable m

ind, (no mental conditions), then they should have the right to their own personal choice, as long has it is logically thought thru.
If the person is suffering from undisputable brain damage for a long period of time, coma etc. Then one would have to look at the possiblities before them.

But not many things are so clear cut and 100% in life.

But basically I suppose I support it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 00:31:23 |Display all floors
would you euthanize your 7 year old daughter or son? :)

okay, maybe its your beloved wife, husband, or even a close relative... but not anymore, in fact they are now considered as a "liability" and no longer an "asset". basically, not much different from a carton of milk thats inching closer to its "expiration date". throw it out! :)

"UNPLUG IT ALREADY!" the government shouts... well, of course its method of cost reduction in welfare :)

"NEXT!" the unethical health care system promotes it... the dead = kidneys, heart, etc = $$$ :)

relieving the suffering? i dont think so... more like aberration and pretense

support for right to die might sound humane and all but if you seriously take a honest look at the bigger picture, the idea  leads towards an established OBLIGATION for elderly and vulnerable children & people to commit suicide

did it occur to anyone that perhaps the "OBLIGATED" sick, who ask for death do not always do so because of their suffering???

could it possibly be a cry for help against loneliness, before the sentiment of feeling that they are a burden for others???
"It ain't no thang but a chicken wing."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.