Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 00:22:28 |Display all floors

Reuters BS5

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 10:19:23 |Display all floors

Reply #36 robbiexie's post

I reckon China's government is somewhat aware of the contrast in cultures between the West and itself.

Certainly the Chinese people are experiencing an influx of different cultural and social mores, that they have, in part, embraced and tried-on -- from the best to the worst.

The modern age that China has entered into is currently dominated by a rather mean and nasty mindset, I think. This comes directly from their religious convictions, I do reckon.

For Americans that especially includes a large percentage of the population that holds to an evangelistic notion of saving the world as they see it ought to be saved, for another portion of the population it is to 'do good works', which includes spreading their gospel to the rest of the world (this is more like tha major mindeset seen in Europe, I think). for another, much, much smaller, but probably most influential portion of the population it is to reign supreme over the world, with the use of American meanness to muster its troops of dumbed-down mercenaries, i surely do reckon!!!!

Of Vanity and Domination

Those folks who try on the vanity of the West, with their pompous ares of superiority to others, are but a small but significant portion of the Chinese population, I figure, and they will perhaps in time come to see the error of taking on any concept of domination.

Cosider this(caveat: The world can be a really mean damn place from time to time and from place to place, and the really mean people generally appear to dominate in their ability to survive in it!) -- that is, however, an appearance (the gentle and quiet survivors rarely get the attention of the nasty).

Yet the idea is not solely property of the West, it is also apparent in other cultures including China, but it is dressed quite differently. Changing clothes or picking a different set of clothes from the boutique of the vain is a rather natural practice for any such subset of any population, I do reckon. Perhaps what you may be sensing is an overabundance of such notions, the idea of the 'little Emperor' as the Chinese often call them.

But, I also think it just seems so, since these notions are newly explored and tried out on such a scale for the first time by that portion of the population. How the Chinese mindset will accommodate these folks is yet to be seen, but I also reckon that well thought-out rules and regulations, that are enforceable or even as certain policies are not so much mandated but encouraged and promoted to overcome these vexations to the rest of the population as a whole.

The Rule of Law can be used in some cases to reign in the more criminally minded vain-glorious who lose their balance and act accordingly out of harmony with the whole, or act in someway deleteriously and/or wastefully and carelessly of the people's trust. But also voluntary efforts at encouraging courtesy and respect for others can be popularized, if not by the use of the media then by the use of 'grass roots' volunteers who can teach and talk and guide. I see all of these in China being employed to reign in the more worrisome problems of that small portion of folks that act so inconsiderately and callously.

:)

[ Last edited by eightyeight at 2007-3-29 07:46 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 19:55:54 |Display all floors

Reply #48 eightyeight's post

Well, I will need to go back and edit that reply to robbiexie.

There are too many run-on sentences and too many long and clumsy ideas. I also used to much references to my own reckoning and idea -- oh well. I am rather busy and I hate editing -- I've gotten lazy?

Then sometime after that I will get around to jetsam, lambaste him again for his misdirected and hateful spite, and then even reply to his good work of finding such clearly misdirected nastiness from Reuters. That is, I will attempt to pull a few misdirected teeth to get at the truth.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.