Views: 3061|Replies: 2

literary tranlsation practice (c-e)15 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-3 16:51:08 |Display all floors
这些假惺惺的举动,再也不能蒙蔽壁儿了,她从堂屋里提出蒲绶昌刚才搁下的那包月饼,追上去说:“奇哥哥,把这也还给他!”
How could Bi Er not notice his hypocritical behavior. She took up the box of moon cakes Pu Shou Chang just placed there, and caught
up and said "Brother Qi, give it back!"
  韩子奇接过月饼盒子,默默地送蒲绶昌出去。
Han Zi Qi took over the box and followed after Pu Shou Chang out the room
  “这……”蒲绶昌出了门,也觉得有些尴尬,可当着韩子奇,也不好说什么,只笑笑说:“你这个师妹,将来可是个没人敢娶的主儿!”
"This......"Pu Shou Chang got out of the door, even he also felt the embarrassment, but didn't know what to say before Han Zi Qi,
just smiled and said" Your sister, No one will dare to get married with her in the future"
  “壁儿年幼无知,您多包涵吧!”韩子奇随在他的身后,低着头说,“蒲老板,我有一句话,不知当讲不当讲?”
    "Please forgive her, she's young and ignorant~!" Han Zi Qi said, with his head low "Boss Pu, I have something to say, but
I'm not sure whether it's suitable to mention it"

“嗯?你想干什么?”蒲绶昌警惕地站住了,他担心韩子奇说出让他不能容忍的话来,那,他就不会像刚才对待一个女孩子那样客气了!
"Huh? Any problem?" Pu Shou Chang stopped cautiously.  He was being worried that Han would say anything intolerable to his
ears. If that's it, he would not pretend to be as polite as he was to that girl.

“您先答应我,”韩子奇盯着蒲绶昌那双怀有敌意的眼睛,“您答应了,我才说。不过,这件事儿对您,对我的师傅,都没有妨碍……”
"Please say 'yes'  first "Han looked at Pu's hostile eyes "I will say only if you like to hear. But it does no harm to my master
or you...."

“好事儿?我答应你又能怎么着!”蒲绶昌狐疑地审视着他,“要说,你就痛快点儿!”
"Is it  good news? How bad it could go if I say yes!" Pu examined the young man half-believingly"  Go ahead, make it quick"

“我想……”韩子奇考虑再三,还是说出了口,“我想求您给我一条生路,让我随着水凳儿进您的汇远斋!”
"I want ......"Han paused a second for a second thought before he continued "I want you to give me a new life, let me follow you to Huiyuan, your business house"

“啊?!”蒲绶昌万万没有想到,在奇珍斋面临倒闭的危难之际,梁亦清的得意门徒韩子奇竟然急于要改换门庭,而且投奔的不是别人,正是把奇珍斋推入绝境的他!他不可理解,太不可理解了!在他眼里,韩子奇已是一个无路可走的丧家之犬,汇远斋人丁兴旺、财源茂盛,要这个韩子奇干什么?有什么必要收留这个小小的琢玉艺徒?汇远斋只做买卖,不设作坊,那两张水凳儿拿去是准备卖的!何况,蒲缓昌心里明白,从今以后,自己实际上就成了梁家的仇人,纵然梁亦清膝下无子,可那两个水灵灵的大姑娘迟早总要嫁人,要繁衍子孙,看壁儿那架势,这个仇只怕几辈子也完不了!精明无比的蒲缓昌可不愿意在仇上加仇,落一个“毁家夺徒”的恶名,他的心,就像“喀嚓”上了一把锁,把韩子奇拒之门外了!
"Hah?!"Pu Shou Chang had never imagined this even in his dream. On the occasion of the calamity of Qi Zhen house's closure, Liang Yi Qing' proudest apprentice wanted to take a leave.  The place he was trying to turn to was no one but him, who pushed Qi Zhen into this dead end~! It was incomprehensible, was utterly beyond his wits! In his eyes, Han Zi Qi was like a dog that lost his owner and had no way out. Hui Yuan house was prosperous in people and business, was enjoying abundant flow of fortunes. What's the use of Han Zi Qi?What's the need of supporting the this little jade cutting craftsman's life.  Hui Yuan only did  business, had  no workshop.  That two water benches were to put on sale!  What's more, Pu Yuan Chang was very clear in his mind that from now on, he was actually a Liangs' rival. Although Liang Yi Qing had no son, the two young lovely daughters would sooner or later be married into other families, and have their own children, Judging from Bi Er's  demeanor, the feud would not be over in the next generations! The last thing Pu Shou Chang was to add another revenge to himself, and to be denounced as a man who destroyed someone's family and grab away his apprentice. His heart was then  like a lock, locked with a "click", keeping Han Zi Qi out of the door!

世上有各式各样的锁,同时也配好了各式各样的钥匙,一把钥匙开一把锁。谁能料到,韩子奇这把不起眼儿的钥匙,偏偏能插进蒲缓昌那老谋深算的心里去,捅开他那把沉甸甸的大锁呢?
    In this world, there are various locks, and a equal variety of keys. One key was used to open one lock.  No one could ever expect that Han Zi Qi used his words as a key to insert into the lock of most complicated mind, and unlock this heavy lock.

“蒲老板!我知道您心胸大、度量宽,肚子里能撑得开船,跑得开马,要不然,能掌得了那么大的家业?大人物,心能容人,手能用人。戏文里唱的汉刘邦,文用张良,武用韩信,轻易取了天下;楚霸王武艺高强,虽有一范增而不用,终究难逃十面埋伏,四面楚歌,兵败乌江,别姬自刎!蒲老板!我知道您是胸怀大志的人,不像我师傅那样,空有一身本事,却不思进取,终究成不了气候。我为他养老送终,总算尽了孝道,往后的路就得自个儿走了;您收下我,也是对亡人的徒弟的一点儿照应,这对我师傅没有什么损害;对您,却让街坊四邻、买卖同行瞅着您仗义!”
    "Boss Pu!, I've heard that you are tolerant and forgiving.  It is said that a prime minister's belly is large enough to hold a ship, or wide enough to run a horse, you have such a belly,  otherwise, how could you support such a big business? You're a great man, and have tolerance of people. Just like Liu Bang in Han Dynasty, who can use Zhang Liang as his scholar, and use Han Xin as his warrior, and with no difficulty he took .the whole world; On the other hand, the overlord Chu, who's a master of martial arts himself, though he has Fan Zeng, but didn't use him, at last Chu cannot escape from a ten-sides trap. Miserable Chu song was heard all over the places, his troops was defeated and driven to Wu river, and he lost his wife and committed suicide! Boss Pu, I know you're a man bearing ambitions, unlike my master who just has skills, didn't consider about how to make even grant accomplishment, and thus finally failed to succeed. I took care of him in his life and on his death. Now, I could say with no regret that I had fullfilled my loyalty and duty. And I will choose my own path for the rest of my life; Please let me be your apprentice, show your mercy to a craftsman who just lost his master,. it wouldn't disgrace my master, on the contrary, people around will pay you respect for your kind-hearted deed."

[ Last edited by hly2008 at 2007-1-4 12:09 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-3 18:13:29 |Display all floors
I think this passage is from Huo Da's book. Hly, is it?

A really interesting and moving book!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 14:05:18 |Display all floors
Hi, Waibeijng:
Yes, It's from her novel 穆斯林的葬礼, which I think also earned her fame. I read it many years ago:)

[ Last edited by hly2008 at 2007-1-4 02:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.