Views: 7696|Replies: 23

Rape of Nanking [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-17 14:54:24 |Display all floors
Have you watched this movie? Documentary film. We should always remember the history.
I like to be here, to be with you, to sense your presence all the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-17 16:12:34 |Display all floors
History cannot be forgotten , though I have not seen the documentary.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-18 06:51:37 |Display all floors
Remember history, but be reasonable. Don't use past events as a blanket excuse to hate an entire country. It happens too often.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-18 08:53:12 |Display all floors
execuse? It is japenese who are still denying the truth. I like the sentence at the end of the film: "those who deny the past and thos who do not learn from the past are condemned to repeat the past and suffer the consequences".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-18 09:26:09 |Display all floors
OK. I agree that the incidents at Nanjing were horrible and atrocious. I agree that those who were punished for it were rightly punished. I agree there are some who have probably not been punished as they should have been. I agree that the history books should be revised to tell the whole truth.

But--I do not agree with the Chinese attitude towards Japan. Blindly hating an entire country for something when those who are responsible for it are almost all dead is not going to help anything. China is taking the wrong lesson from this. The lesson is not "hate the Japanese." That attitude won't get you anywhere.

What do I think should be done? I think Japan should revise the textbooks. I think China should stop accusing for just a little bit and listen when Japan tries to apologize (because they have, but it's not what anyone has been wanting to hear or something, so it's been tuned out). Then maybe Chinese and Japanese representatives could get together and talk. Even better, get the young people involved. Bring Chinese and Japanese students together to learn about each other and try to come to an understanding. Because right now, this blind hatred is getting passed on from one generation to the next, and it's not doing anyone any good. I wouldn't dare say, "Forget about it; it's in the past," but I would say, "Work on learning more and improving relationships. You can forgive and not forget." What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-18 09:48:28 |Display all floors
"blindly hating an entire country"? give me break!

We can forgive, only after you have admitted the crime you have committed. Compare Japan to Germany, you will understand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-18 10:45:55 |Display all floors
See, this is the attitude that's so common across China. It seems the country has been blind to the advances Japan has been trying to make. Yes, it's taking them a while; yes, it's baby steps. But they have apologized many times. They're working on the Yasukuni shrine bit. The textbook issue is being addressed. But it seems like China has not been open to these honest efforts. Can't you be glad that they're trying? And can't you see that your attitude is getting you nowhere?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.