Author: derektian

poetry lovers , this is the right room for you [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-3 21:15:19 |Display all floors

The Vein Express; vein understanding

Hi, cyberspook

Your poem here seems very hard to understand

It is really Chinese way

or need more time to savor it

Some clue to post here for your vein express is seemingly a better bridge to the point you made

Derektian

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-4 04:30:00 |Display all floors
Derek the vein express is a metaphore for drug addiction, it is a little hard for Chinese to understand as there are some double meanings and subtle nuances, that is what makes this a good poem for someone learning english to read, if they study and understand this poem then they are truly on the way to mastering the english language,
if you like I could break it down into conceptual form for you :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 21:47:11 |Display all floors

We are waiting for your detailed interpretation if it is convenient

Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-2-3 23:30
Derek the vein express is a metaphore for drug addiction, it is a little hard for Chinese to understand as there are some double meanings and subtle nuances, that is what makes this a good poem for ...

Hi Cyberspook,

Thanks for your prompt reply with patience. learning that this poem is about DRUG ADDICTION, when I read it again, it makes sense (of course not completely). Therefore, we are waiting for your detailed interpretation if it is convenient for you, and  I am trying to improve my English through studying your poems posted or to be posted here.

BTW, how about making a subtitle for some poem on special theme/subject ?  For example, the poem about drug addiction.  It is easier to STUDY it with your simple prompting.

Derektian

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-6 03:50:37 |Display all floors

decomposition of Vein express

lets start with the title :) the vein express, it is well known that drug addiction puts a person on the fast track to damnation and ruin, the veins are commonly regarded as the best way to administer drugs into the body , although there are many ways to take drugs , injections are still refered to as fast tracking , the express used in the title refer's to fast delivery , also it is associated with the express train, trains run on tracks and veins and the needle marks left  behind are known as tracks in the drug world, so within these two words you find a lot of relevant meaning .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-8 00:46:53 |Display all floors

Thanks for your Decomposition of Vein Express

Hi, Cyberspook

THANKS FOR YOUR DECOMPOSITION OF VEIN EXPRESS

Derektian

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-8 00:57:12 |Display all floors

Spirituality = Religion ?

Spirituality is at the heart of business response, although few companies would use the 'spiritual' label to describe their actions. That's why Effective Executive have always invited eminent personalities to share their views on spirituality. What is the motive of this action in the business field?

In terms of poetry, when we are fortunate to read a beautiful poem, we , more often than not, are trying to express the aesthetic feeling through the word " 灵性 ".

However, in this reality, many of us fail to distinguish between religion and spirituality. Is there a difference between the two? If yes, what according to you is the difference between religion and spirituality?

Derektian

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-8 03:00:52 |Display all floors
Derek: Also, "a monkey on your back" is used as a metaphor for drug addiction.

It's also used for a serious problem that will not go away: This project has proved to be a monkey on my back—there seems to be no end to it.

Both usages allude to being unable to shake off the animal from one's back. (The phrase is not used casually.)
中文我不会读也不会写。Really, I don't.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.