Author: ricecake

Westerners' attitudes toward Japs [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-13 19:02:36 |Display all floors
Having said,individual Chinese families had relatives victimized by JIA rightfully hold " personal grudges " against Japan or Japanese people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 19:04:18 |Display all floors

Mutant aliens corrupted my soul

Well, I don't know a lot about Chinese history, I just don't have enough time to study it sufficiently to comment about what the japanese did. My wife is chinese and she is still furious. Hmmm, I think of my history books ( I have a lot you know) and it seems that in those notes there are a lot of references to people severing the heads of thier enemies, holding them aloft, spitting babies, raping women and so on. Is it right? No, I don't think so. Should the people who ordered these actions be punished? Yes. The factt that the Japanese at the time were not held truly accountable is terrible, the japanese students I know hate to talk about it. They are ashamed, they can say sorry until the cows come home but will it change the history? The past is the past, it will not change. Are we beating Americans up for enslaving Africans to grow Tobbacco and cotton,? No, not any more. Are we punishing my fellow Australians for stealing a whole generation of Aboriginal children decades ago in an effort to assimilate them? hmmm, no. Are the Chinese descendants of Mongolians and the other asiatic people that followed them  apologizing for the carnage that they wrought in Euroupe in about 400bc. No? Why not? It is the past and it cannot be changed no matter how wrong it was.

People make mistakes, the leaders who issue the orders never wield the knife, and usually do not see, first hand, the horrors they inflict. The soldiers and fighters who follow those orders are sometimes brainwashed into thinking they really are doing the right thing.

Right now in Africa Children are made to murder other citizens, pressed in to service as child soldiers. Who is helpng them? No-one, Why? because it is easier to ignore the problem at the moment. China, was in the same situation at the time of the Nanjing massacre, the west found it useful, but not indispensable. Tragic, barbaric, monstrous.

Welcome to humanity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 00:59:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ricecake at 2006-12-13 19:02
Having said,individual Chinese families had relatives victimized by JIA rightfully hold " personal grudges " against Japan or Japanese people.

We (Italy - Germany - France - and so on.... ) are all in the same European Union after all the things which happened in the 2nd world war. I think the Japanese got already two nuclear bombs.... maybe it would be time to build something new rather than hating each other?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 06:30:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fluffy at 2006-12-13 19:55
...but really I will have to back our humble Chairman on this one

Dear Fluffy, the words HUMBLE and CHAIRMAN, should not be used in the same sentence,

...... change that,

....they shouldn't be used in the same paragraph.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 06:51:11 |Display all floors
My take on it: There were Japanese people who committed atrocities towards China in the past. They are rightfully condemned (as are any people who partake in barbaric actions, regardless of the country). However, I do not have any personal problems with the Japanese as a whole today (though it'd be nice if they put the whole truth in the textbooks at last), nor do I bear any sort of grudge towards the ones with whom I am personally friends. They have done no wrong; why blame them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 07:06:18 |Display all floors

Please EMOOO"S

Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-12-14 06:30

Dear Fluffy, the words HUMBLE and CHAIRMAN, should not be used in the same sentence,

...... change that,

....they shouldn't be used in the same paragraph.

It wouldnt be so easy for anyone to post their fellow citizen in that state...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 08:04:49 |Display all floors

going forward...

Chairman et al

In my previous postings, I have said that my family was directly responsible for the demise of at least three Japanese soldiers, including a petty officer. My uncle was invited to talk on TV and radio about it. He declined. We have also stacks of Japanese war bonds which were not repaid. After the war, Japan made reparations to England, and the English kept the money. We did not receive a brass farthing.

Our reward? A special medal with the English lion stepping on the head of the Chinese dragon. We collectively rejected that. We were given some defence medal, which, as one by one, my ancestors died, we incinerated these medals.

And another thing, that HSBC survived more or less intact, along with a few important colonial officials were due to the effort of my ancestors smuggling them out to Macau. The Brits and the Portuguese distained us for that. You want names? I can provide, but they are dead!

Portuguese? I hear you ask! The HSBC was known back then as the Portuguese bank because like Tojo's Japanese, the Brits regarded Chinese as sub-humanoids and Portuguese were used to staff the bank.

Why do you think the vaults underneath the HSBC not blown apart? Tell me that!

Why do you think the HSBC lions survived intact? Where were they and how did they get back to Hong Kong? Tell me that!

Yes, Japan commited atrocities on the holocaust scale, perhaps even worse.

Yes, Japan is trying to re-write history in their school text books.

Yes, there are suggestions that the Japanese still believe in eugenics.

But my  ancestors left the instructions to repair the damages between China and Japan. I can tell you one good quality about the Japanese, they have a long memory of those who do them a favour.

Going forward, for the next generations, what do we want?

I say: we forgive the Japanese. Forgive but not forget! We should never forget the Chinese holocaust. Let's commemorate 7-7-1927 as a national day of sorrow.

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2006-12-14 08:07 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.