Author: ricecake

Westerners' attitudes toward Japs [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-14 11:20:46 |Display all floors

trolling and provoking

another flame of 7 pages....
begin with someone poping up fingerpointing Japanese with this title and forcing people agree with him, while claiming himself to be Chinese(and with narrowminded statements)....of course "Westerners" tend to defend rather than agree,

I guess that's what the thread starter intended...you get there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 11:24:04 |Display all floors
I do agree with what mike said, johnyou, but I'm not sure you see my point. I think there are misunderstandings and maybe some manipulations on both sides of the board. What happened in Nanjing is horrible, yes, I completely agree. But I think sometimes that there has been little to no effort to improve Chinese opinions of Japan (yes, I know they have to do something about it, too, but since the end of WW2, Japan as a whole has been a fairly subdued country, going through lots of economic prosperity and modernization, sort of like China). Wouldn't it be better if the two countries could come together and grieve what happened instead of it constantly being hapless victim vs. evil villain? Maybe that's wishful thinking, but can you see where I'm coming from?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 11:32:50 |Display all floors

Much revisionist history going on..........

Now some say the holocaust never happened...

The Japanese by not teaching the truth about their war crimes create a new generation that do not have a clue about their past.   Those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Again, China would be smart to "Hope for the best and plan for the worst"   Doing that will insure that if the Japanese born after World War II shoud ever try a repeat of past behavior..........

Well, let's just say Japan will cease to exist.  Hiroshima and Nagasaki should have taught them that much, even if the Rape of Nanjing and the Chairman's photo's are not in their history books.

To blame America for not killing each and every Jap that was a war criminal is tantamount to saying that you wish the killing had continued.   The wholesale slaughter was stopped by America ..... guilty Germans and Japanese were given a new lease on life.....  that's what happens when wars END.    I can only hope that those that killled innocents asked their God for forgiveness.... they had to live with what they did.  

It's time to get over it.....  there is much work to do for the people's of this planet.  

I'm not even saying "forgive and forget" just that there are more important things ahead than dwelling on the crimes of the past when most of the truely guilty are already dead and gone.
Communication is the most important source of personal power.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-17 15:20:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2006-12-14 11:24
I do agree with what mike said, johnyou, but I'm not sure you see my point. I think there are misunderstandings and maybe some manipulations on both sides of the board. What happened in Nanjing is  ...

I feel Johnyou saw your point clearly. What he said about the thread does contribute to further clarification of misunderstandings between the two sides of the board. Historical facts are right there for everyone to see, no one can manipulate the other side by creating lies!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-17 15:31:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by plasmalupus at 2006-12-14 11:32
  Those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it. ...

I'm 100% agree that "Those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it." I suggest that Japanese government should erect a post with those words on it in front of the Ministry of Education, reminding those officials of the tragedy that made Asian peoples suffer.

Japanese government should do what it can to bring about a new generation that never forgets the crimes their forefathers committed so as not to repeat what happened in World War Two !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-17 16:28:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ricecake at 2006-12-13 15:59
Typical Japanphile Americans (  NOT one Aussie )  would tell you,it was in the past and we should move on.

Yeah! We do move on
But never forget the history

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.