Author: tongluren

China to Ban Smoking in Public [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-6 00:11:17 |Display all floors
i am angry when my father smokes before me

i can't bear the smell...making me cough

i have been always telling him smoking is harmful to his health, but he wouldn't hear. yes, he had wanted to quit it, but he couldn't.

he told me that he is a businessman, and business is often done when offering others cigarette, a kind of courtesy (in the countryside)

can someone tell me how can one quit smoking when addicted so much? i think to teach those smokers how to quit will be another important issue.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-6 17:38:01 |Display all floors

This is a good step forward.

This is excellent policy, but I would also advocate the complete abolition of tobacco.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-7 12:51:35 |Display all floors
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I'm sitting in a net-bar near Beijing airport right now awaiting a flight to Hong Kong and am chocking here as I'm waiting for my hotmail to open up. No non-smoking net-bar anywhere nearby.

Le't make them eat those cigarettes if they like them so much, shall we!
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2007-1-7 13:09:53 |Display all floors

tianyuanedu

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-7 20:19:33 |Display all floors
Yes Chairman there is one very good reason.The Chinese Ministry of Health.
Some people do not know what is good for themselves, that is why we need a wise government body like the Chinese Ministry of Health.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 05:05:30 |Display all floors
While implementing public bans on smoking, maybe China should also enforce laws that protect the cruelty to animals. I'm a smoker, I got into it and I try to be considerate. If you are going to talk about smoking in public as being inconsiderate, then let's hear you say eating meat and consuming dairy products and eggs etc too is inconsiderate. If you can have the compassion to care for innocent animals, who have no say about how they are treated then you're right... but if you couldn't care less about the lives of those animals, why should smokers care for your life? If smoking is indeed THE CAUSE of cancer, if I stop today, can you guarantee I wont get cancer tomorrow?

Oh, just for the record, I am totally for the public smoking ban. After all, if nobody in the world smoked, cancer would cease to exist anyway

Eating meat in public should also be banned... it makes me want to smoke...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 05:08:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tianyuanedu at 2007-1-7 12:51
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I'm sitting in a net-bar near Beijing airport right now awaiting a flight to Hong Kong and am chocking here as I'm waiting for my hotmail to open up. No non-smoking net-bar anywhe ...

tsk tsk... smokers bring in the money... I think non-smokers should just stay in their 90%  non-smoking area and out of that 10% for smokers...

someone should invent condoms for the lungs

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.