oh ho

mission impossible ,,,i think
it relate  the moral of people,and i am not looking forward to a better ~~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 21:37:54 |Display all floors

I agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 10:41:22 |Display all floors
that is a good policy .........but the most important is how to carry it out..........
xozzzox@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 10:57:50 |Display all floors
This morning I was waiting for the bus and two men around me smoked for about 5 minutes. I am sure that
they do not think it is any wrong to smoke in the public place since they looked like rural men, who was used
to smoke in their village or other public places. Perhaps I should say, because there is no policy to ban
public smoking, they can smoke freely around other people. From my perspective, people who smoke in
public place are disgusting becaused they do not care others' feelings. However, I still suspect whether the
upcoming ban will really be applied. Can anybody stop smokers when they are smoking?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 11:50:05 |Display all floors
In America it started small and kept getting bigger. When I was a child people could, and did, smoke anywhere. Then nonsmokers began to complain sometime in the 1970’s and smoking began to be limited. At first it was just in confined spaces like elevators, airplanes, buses, and restaurants, who were required to have a nonsmoking section. These “nonsmoking” sections were pathetic at first – two tables in some nasty corner of the restaurant, but they kept getting bigger. By the late 1980’s it was being banned in office buildings, and the late 1990’s saw cities and starts start to ban it in all public places. Hell, the main reason I quit smoking two years ago was because you can’t smoke anywhere anymore.

I think banning smoking in public can and does work, but the question is can China do in a year what it took the USA 30 years to do? And we are not done yet.

[ Last edited by wookie at 2007-1-5 11:51 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 12:01:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wookie at 2007-1-5 11:50
In America it started small and kept getting bigger. When I was a child people could, and did, smoke anywhere. Then nonsmokers began to complain sometime in the 1970’s and smoking began to be limi ..the question is can China do in a year what it took the USA 30 years to do?.

China has to take the first step no matter how difficult it is to ban smoking across the land...! with the lessons learnt from the US and some of other western countries in banning smoking, China will surely achieve its goal in this regard in a much shorter time...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 13:57:14 |Display all floors
Sounds good news . The trouble  is how to carry it out .If smoke product is banned  firmily, everyone will be  ok.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.