chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-12-15 20:21:37 |Display all floors

Canchin

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-15 20:28:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2006-12-15 19:45
Easy you goof.

A department store is not owned by a single establishment but is a collection of stores where a restaurant, bar, nightclub is a single establishment....

Oh, we'd call that a shopping centre, or a shopping mall.

A Department store is a big shop with different departments, haberdashery, appliances etcetera.
And often they are chain stores, like Target, Woolworths etc, just like the many restaurant chains, Hard Rock Cafe, Pizza Hut and so on.

http://tc.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/13/1/17
Conclusion: Provision of designated "no smoking" areas in licensed (gaming) clubs in New South Wales, Australia, provides, at best, partial protection from ETS—typically about a 50% reduction in exposure. The protection afforded is less than users might reasonably have understood and is not comparable with protection afforded by prohibiting smoking on the premises.

That extract looks like the reason why smoking is banned entirely in some establishments.

I think you'd probably be best avoiding visiting Australia, looks like you'd have to abide by the rules which apply to everybody else here and we know how you wouldn't like that!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-16 09:19:32 |Display all floors

Reply #30 emucentral's post

Well you had best not walk on the street or live in a city that has cars since there are far more carcinogens spewed out of the ass end of cars through the burning of fossil fuels than from cigarettes...but oh yeah, that's right, no politician dares make cars illegal and so by going after cigarettes; as the special interest groups whine about; the politicians - in any country in case you see a comment - get to show that they are doing something when in reality they are doing there usual nothing.

It is hypocrisy and idiocy combined. Just because the olfactory sense of most is so used to the offensive stink coming off of cars and trucks and buses that they don't notice it anymore they seem to think that cars don't stink. People are so idiotic that they whine and whinge about cigarettes while they sit in an air conditioned restaurant, the air conditioning system of which is spewing the hundreds of carcinogens and foul stench from the exhaust of all the vehicles outside all over their clothes and food.

It is sanctimonious self-important claptrap from self-important morons.

But unltimately I don't care. I will smoke if I wish and non-smoke if I wish. Places where I am not allowed to do so when I wish to - such as a bar, a restaurant or a nightclub - will simply be places I don't give my custom. No problem for me at all to not give my money to those who don't want it.

Places where I can accept such restrictions - office buildings, hospitals, the homes of non-smokers, cars of non-smokers...these will be places where I will non-smoke with pleasure.

As for Oz, no worries mate...I wont be visiting such a backward, repressive country anytime soon...if ever. So be happy, wallow in your social ineptitude, glorify your antiquated and ever-so-quaint and backward political system, I wont be darkening your sick shores.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-18 09:31:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2006-12-16 11:19
As for Oz, no worries mate...I wont be visiting such a backward, repressive country anytime soon...if ever. So be happy, wallow in your social ineptitude, glorify your antiquated and ever-so-quaint and backward political system, I wont be darkening your sick shores.

Thankyou Canchin, we can now all rest easy.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-19 17:09:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-12-18 09:31

Thank you Canchin, we can now all rest easy.

No worries old dag. My pleasure...and you're welcome.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-20 13:00:35 |Display all floors

This is very good!!

I hate it when my clothes smell because of someone else smoking and the smoke gets into my clothes.  Arrrggghhhh!!  Further, it is not healthy to smoke.

Happy Festivus!
Festivus for the rest of us.
Peace!  Be strong and be brave!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-25 19:33:03 |Display all floors

it seems very hard,ithink

it seems very hard,ithink

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.