Author: tongluren

China to Ban Smoking in Public [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-21 14:16:45 |Display all floors
Well doesn't this issue look just so much like the Tbt issue.
In a world of poisons floating in the atmosphere this is the populist one, no doubt got some celebs on board somewhere.

In China you have more chance of the ordinary atmosphere killing you than cigarette smoke.  You will need to let China develop more before you start trying to get this message across to the average Chinese smoker.  You have had your hundreds of years of smoking in the West and just like green house emmisions you want it stopped today.

Wake up and smell the coffee.  China has emerged realisticaly only in the last generation and already it is time for it to act in a concientiously conspicuous manner to suit those who have had privelige for many many years.  Come on guys why so fast.

If you don't like China and respect the feelings of the people that live here then go and live in a non-smoking country.  Or allow time for things to change at a pace relevant to the reality of what is hapening.

For God's sake change the record!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 12:24:40 |Display all floors

Reply #9 sockmonkey's post

I agree to banning smoking in public institutions like hospitals and schools. However, as a smoker, i don't want to see it banned in restaurants or bars here. When I'm in a restaurant, with friends or on business, I always ask first if it's ok to light up. If they prefer me not to, no problem, I'll go away from them, have my "fix" and come back. It's all about common courtesy really!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 12:32:11 |Display all floors
Long live common sense, Kiwi.

Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 12:32:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 14:00:07 |Display all floors

Reply #83 zglobal's post

#82, thanks doberman.
#83, yeah mate, it'll be the beginning of "PCness" and liberal ----e that was the forerunner of our countries moral demise, sadly!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.