Views: 4168|Replies: 7

A visit to Itly around Xmas! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-12 17:38:25 |Display all floors
Some of my friends will pay a short visit to Itly around Xmas time, their first time to visit the country at a special time of the year. They'll stay for a couple of days but have no idea how to make the best of the short stay...!

Can anyone be kind enough to offer some advice? thx in advance!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 18:56:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 12-12-2006 17:38
Some of my friends will pay a short visit to Itly around Xmas time, their first time to visit the country at a special time of the year. They'll stay for a couple of days but have no idea how to ma ...

yeah, don't let the women walk on the outside of the sidewalks.  there are motorcyclists that will tear her purser righto ff her arm in a driver by pursing.

put your wallet in your front pocket...

make sure you can access your bank account outside of chinaland.

and have fun...and since they're Chinese, don't be afraid to eat the cheeses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-12 23:50:57 |Display all floors
you did not say how short is this short stay. so its difficult for people to give you advice.

where is their first stop? if it is Milan, then they can simply  travel down from north to south. Milan-Florence-Rom. I think these are the musts, if they have time, they can also pay a visit westwards to Venice.

train travel is quite cheap in Italy, including the fastest and most comfortable option Eurostar. It takes only about 2-3 hours from Milan to Florence, or from Florence to Rom. So they can visit the city during the day and travel further during the evening and find a place to stay.

there are plenty of Chinese restaurants around in Italy, almost one within every 100 meters. So no need to worry about food.

have fun in Italy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 09:33:42 |Display all floors
mikeghet, xieyang, thank u so much for yr kind advice and infor about the places of interest. it's of great value to my friends as to how to do and where to go...! but have u ever visited the places like Italy around Xmas, a special time of the year when people stay at home and enjoy the reunion with their family members...! do those places of interest open to public at this time of the year, or is there any special activity being hold to celebrate the occasion? if so, what 're they? thanks again!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 09:44:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 12-12-2006 17:38
Some of my friends will pay a short visit to Itly around Xmas time, their first time to visit the country at a special time of the year. They'll stay for a couple of days but have no idea how to ma ...

I really would like to recommend you to go to Hong Kong.
to me the BEST place to celebrate Christmas + New Year..
very beautiful, nice, romantic and warm feeling!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 10:29:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by auchengyu at 2006-12-13 09:44

I really would like to recommend you to go to Hong Kong.
to me the BEST place to celebrate Christmas + New Year..
very beautiful, nice, romantic and warm feeling!

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I suggested they consider visiting HK, but was told they'd booked the tour and paid the required deposit. They agreed to visit HK next time...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 11:16:36 |Display all floors
well next year tell them to visit Australia for the new year celebration :) the fireworks demonstration at sydney harbour is second to none , lots of party goer's to mingle with :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.